babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

State of the Human Address




Thoughts of "you're breathing my oxygen" and "please don't contaminate the gene pool" ran through my head as I battled a 2-hour drive home. A combination of an accident and construction closed I-94 just east of I-275 (of course). I must admit, for someone who acknowledges that they don't possess as much patience as they should, I was pretty calm. My calm demeanor may be because Filter was BLARING out of my speakers. For a split second I wish I was unemployed. I know, I know - I run the risk of long commutes because of the distance, but seriously.

It took me one hour to drive 15 miles and an additional hour to drive the remaining 36 miles home. Then, as if I was the butt of a cruel joke, I was stopped by a train 3 miles from my house. That's when I lost it. I laughed hysterically. People in the car behind me must've thought I was some whack job. I couldn't help it.

If I were in charge:
  • Labor hours for construction workers would be from 9pm to 5am
  • People driving at or below the speed limit would not be allowed to leave the right lane, people driving 5 - 10 mph above the speed limit would be allowed to drive in the center lane and the left lane would be ONLY for passing (ever heard of the Autobahn?!)
  • Drivers must merge as soon as they are notified of a lane closure
  • No one would be allowed to talk to me for 15 minutes after a crappy drive home. I am following my childhood rule of "if you don't have anything nice to say...."

Simple, right?! If only it was just that.....And after all of that - I STILL VOTED!!!

3 comments:

Erika said...

I'd vote for you. :)
I understand the long commute thing. I've also had that nervous breakdown of laughing so hard from my drive home. Trains are the worst.

rae rae said...

Yes, Oh God, the traffic in Rochester is just HORRIBLE! lololol

Hope today's travels go better.

Eden Prarie? :-)

h said...

I definately agree with the merging! I hate people who ride the lane that is closing for as long as they can and then cut off cars causing everyone else to slam on their brakes.