babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I'm about to freak the F out

Has anyone told my husband that a "super typhoon" is supposed to hit the China coast tonight around midnight (eastern time)??? He didn't mention anything while I spoke to him tonight.....and I didn't find out until about 3 minutes ago.

A "super typhoon" is on the same level as a category 5 hurricane. Right now Typhoon Saomai has sustained winds of 160 mph and gusts up to 195 mph. The eye is projected to hit between Wenzhou and Fuzhou (approximately 400 miles south of Shanghai).

Typhoon Saomai's path

Seriously. And I have no way of getting a hold of him. I think I need a beer.....

8 comments:

Erika said...

i'd call you, but it's super late there. if you're still awake, give me a ring!
is jason staying near the coast?

Diana said...

Yes, he's staying in Ningbo which is south of Shanghai. Apparently the typhoon hit about 300 miles away. We usually talk around 5pm (eastern), so I'll have more information tonight.

rae rae said...

holy crap we need an update

Diana said...

I talked to him tonight. The typhoon was a category 4 when it reached the coastline. He was far enough inland, so it didn't affect his area too badly. Apparently the London terrorist plot was more interesting....that's all he's been able to watch on the news. I guess things are alright. At least he assured me that everything was cool.

h said...

Glad to hear he's okay!

Kara said...

Please definitely update us once you hear from him. How long is he there for?

Danielle Michelle said...

Hmmmm...at least he'll have an interesting experience to share..Typhoons in Japan!

alanna rose said...

Now that we know he's safe, I can share what I was thinking - at least it's not Godzilla!