babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 07, 2007

Prenatal Appointment #2

It's been a while and I apologize....

On April 16th, Jason and I had our second prenatal appointment. It started off extremely uneventful - weigh in, pee in a cup and wait for the doctor. Once he and his assistant walked in, small talk ensued - 'how are you feeling?', 'any new cravings?', etc. I told him that I feel extremely blessed because I feel really good. I've never been sick and the worst I've felt is slightly tired at night. Other than that, I seriously have no reason to complain. *Please God don't change anything*

I had about 2 pints of blood taken (ok, only 4 vials) to check for Rh compatibility, STD's, etc. He asked if we wanted to be tested for the risk of Down's Syndrome. If the test results came back as an elevated risk, then why worry about it for the next 6 months; especially if it was a false positive. So, we declined the test. The most exciting part was hearing the baby's heartbeat. That was cool. Since I'm new at this, I kind of expected the baby's heartbeat to be a lot faster than what it sounded like. It wasn't quite double mine, but it was a little bit faster. Of course the superstitious family members were predicting the gender based on the heartbeat. Prediction: Boy.

So far, I've gained about 4 pounds. It doesn't sound too bad, but those 4 pounds sure do make my clothes fit a lot differently! I've gone to wearing my clothes with a rubber band to fasten my pant buttons to not wearing the rubber band because it feels so good to just let my belly hang out. I've come to the realization that I must start shopping for maternity clothes. Which I plan on doing today on my way home from work.

Jason and I have talked about names. We agree on the boy's name but not the girl's. I told him we're sticking with my selection unless he thinks of another acceptable name. Guaranteed I'm going to win this one!! Cross your fingers for a girl :)

We decided to wait until around August to start with the baby's room. I have a ton of ideas but haven't decided which one to go with. Jason's input is "You tell me what you want and I'll do it." Sounds good to me!!

I've started buying diapers everytime I go grocery shopping. Holy crap are they expensive! The baby's room smells like diapers - it's so cute!

Our next appointment is on the 15th. I promise I'll update you sooner than 3 weeks later!!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Yay!
At least you agree on the boy's name. I had problems even with that.

Glad to hear you're doing well. I can't wait to see belly pictures!!!

Laura said...

Wow! You are so a head of us on the baby's name! We've got nothing!