A message left on my answering machine today:
"Hi Diana, this is Hazel from Mount Carmel. I'm sorry to tell you this, but I was looking at the wrong month when I told you the hall was available for your shower on the 23rd. I was on October instead of September. Please let me know if you have another date in mind. Again, I'm sorry."
Yeah, me too. It's only June and September is pretty much booked up for us - with the exception of the 23rd. Now I'm probably going to be forced to do one of two things: 1. have the shower at the beginning of October (which I was trying to avoid in the first place), 2. have the shower somewhere else. I guess I'll call Hazel and see what she can do. Maybe I'll entertain the idea of having the shower on a Saturday. Has anyone attended a shower on a Saturday? If so, then let me know.
I feel much better now.
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
I've been to lots of Saturday showers. Have you tried the hall at Carr's Park? Or Samaria Park? We've used those for Christmas parties more than once.
All of my baby showers and wedding showers were on Saturdays. It's actually less stressful for the hostess because then you have Sunday to recuperate (sp?)!
I've been lots of Saturday showers. No worries! You can always have it at your house. I love informal showers where everyone just sits around the living room.
Sat showers are just fine, and I'm with AJ - if you're the hostess they are less stressful.
I don't think I've ever been to a shower on another day actually.
my shower was on a saturday. much easier for traveling. :)
Samaria or Carr's Park is good. Did you ever think of using St. Luke's church, by us. Jackman and Sterns. That's one has a nice kitchen and a big hall.
why not ask Jane to host your shower? Not only is she very good at that, she also works at Mt. Carmel.
I'm trying to get another date at Mount Carmel. If it doesn't work out, then I'll look into St. Luke's. Thanks for the suggestion!!
I've attended lots of Saturday showers. I actually prefer showers on Saturday because it is easier to travel to since most have to work on Monday. You'll get a good showing either way!! Sending lots of prayers your way.....
Post a Comment