babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 22, 2007

Prenatal Appointment #4


During yesterday's appointment, the ultrasound confirmed that we're having a boy. After 5 seconds of silence and one tear later, I was happy. I have to admit, I knew all along that we're having a boy. I still wanted a girl.
The measurements of the fluid sac, head, femur and base of the skull were normal. The heartbeat was/is 143, which is very good. The normal range is 120 to 180. The baby cooperated very nicely for the ultrasound. He's laying across my belly with his head on my left and feet on the right. Although it seemed like he was flipping during the ultrasound. We got an image of his profile, face (that is still way freaky to me), feet, manhood and hands. It was kind of funny because he was kicking and moving a lot. Based on the measurements, I'm 20 w and 6 d. That will probably guarantee that he will be born in October. I hope. Jason was all puffed up and beating his chest since he's having a son. He was really sweet to me since he knew that I was minutely upset about not having a daugher. At least it guarantees we'll have a second child!!
All in all, I was really happy to hear that the baby appears to be in good health and normal.
Yesterday's ultrasound would've been the last for a "normal" pregnancy, but because I have hypothyroidism, I'll have an ultrasound every month until the baby is born. The doctor wants to monitor the baby's size and development. That's fine with me!
Now time to paint! More next month......

8 comments:

Erika said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I grew up with 2 sisters... so I do know the shock of what it is like to be told you're having a boy. I didn't believe it. Didn't think it was possible somehow, as irrational as it sounds.

But I actually quite love it now. I don't want a girl! LOL. And Heather and I will have so much stuff/advice for boys. :)

When is your shower going to be so I can plan my trip???

h said...

Congrats! :) I think every woman secretly wants a little girl but little boys are cute, too! Just think - you don't have to have the "becoming a woman" talk...Jason has to do the "becoming a man" talk instead. ;)

Stephie said...

How fun! Little boys can be so much fun too. Sorry to hear about the shower drama, I'm sure it will all work out.

Diana said...

Heather, you have such a great perspective! I never thought of that! Hooray for not having the "honey, we need to talk" talk!!

YGS said...

Little boys are the best! You get squirted on all the time and it's hilarious!

Laura said...

Congrats on the little boy!

Kara said...

Congrats on having finding out it's a boy. And YAY for monthly u/s. It will be exciting to see him develop from month to month. I know I loved seeing my girls in utero each week!!!

AJ said...

I think that there are wonderful aspects of both boys and girls. I have a girly girl and a rough tough boy. Both have been fun, although Noah has been much more snuggly and Ava has been much more independent. But I could list one hundred things I love about raising each gender, it's fun all around!