babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Finally...My hormones kick in with a complete meltdown

And I was having such a good day yesterday, too.....



I just had this feeling about the baby's furniture all day yesterday so I called the store to get an update on the order. The guy said he had to call the manufacturer because the furniture was not at the store.



REWIND TO AUGUST 27th - I went to US@ Baby to order the furniture. After doing a lot of research, I knew exactly what I wanted, in what color and what pieces. Very easy sale. Jason wasn't too happy about how much it was going to cost, but he didn't say too much. The first thing I tell the salesman is exactly what I want and my due date (at this time it's 10 weeks away). I asked him if the timing would be a problem. He said, "It's store policy to tell customers that orders take about 8 - 14 weeks for delivery, but since you want a new line it shouldn't take more than 8 weeks because the manufacturer has the furniture in stock at the warehouse." So I put the order in and paid in full.

FAST FORWARD TO SEPTEMBER 24th - I get home from work and there's a message on the answering machine - it's US@ Baby with an update on the furniture. Estimated delivery date (to the store) is December 2. SAY WHAT????? As a reminder, my due date is November 8 - oh, and did I tell you that my doctor bumped up my due date to November 1 and said that I "probably won't make November."?!?! I'll update you on that in a separate post. Back to the furniture. The guy said that he figured I wouldn't be happy and that he called another store to 'see what he can do'. The best they can do is to give me a floor model, free delivery and 10% off. The other store has my crib and chest in stock but not the dressing station - a double dresser in place of the station. To make me feel better he said, 'The double dresser is more expensive and we'd give it to you for free.' Thanks a@#hole but that's not what we ordered and we didn't pay $2200 for a floor model.

After crying hysterically (and Jason thinking that I'm a whack job), I looked at the sales slip for the refund policy. I can get my money back in full within 60 days of purchase (not delivery) as long as it isn't a special order. I'm nervous because I don't know what constitutes a special order. I plan on calling another store (one I haven't dealt w/ yet so they don't know me) and asking to define a special order. If I can get a refund, I will.

2 comments:

karen c konkel said...

Oooo. Go late. Have the baby on the 4th...my birthday!

If you can get the refund check out pottery barn kids. My sister got her crib there for Ella and it's gone through 3 kids now. It's classy and solid wood. Just a thought.

Kara said...

I am so sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with your furniture. I purchased both sets from that store in GR and they did a great job.

Hope you can get your money back.