babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Prenatal Appointment #8

Lots to update about!

Jason and I completed the childbirth classes and I had a breastfeeding class last week. The breastfeeding class was the best $5 I ever spent. The consultant was awesome. She was able to answer all my questions, bash all myths and provided excellent reference material.

As mentioned in my last post, my doctor upped up due date. He said everything looked fine but with 'family history' as a major factor, he's pretty confident that I'll deliver sometime at the end of October. Yay, a halloween baby and fun costume parties!!! I'm only 34 weeks but starting this week, I see my doctor every week until I deliver. I'm starting to get a little nervous.

My blood sugar levels have been really good with the exception of a few. The dietitian is really happy and said that there is no need for me to get on medication (THANK GOD). I've had a few "high" numbers (>120) but I know it's what I ate. I experiement with food to see what affects me in what way. I've found that I can eat a piece of cake or a brownie or a hot dog w/ a bun. It's the amount that I need to watch for from now on. I can't eat a hot dog w/ chips and pasta salad, for example. Or 2 brownies with a glass of milk. Seems pretty simple. I'm just really, really glad that I don't have to take meds.

I'm starting to feel the aches and pains of pregnancy. My right side gets really sore - ankle and knee crack all the time and my hip kills. I have good and bad nights of sleep. I feel sorry for Jason because when it's a bad night, I toss and turn forever. I know, I know I still haven't posted a picture of my belly. I PROMISE I'LL DO IT TONIGHT.

We have a tour of Labor & Delivery at the hospital in a couple of weeks. That should be interesting. More later on tonight!

8 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow, I didn't know you were due so soon. Late October/November is coming right up...

Excited to see those belly pictures. :)

Danielle Michelle said...

Yeah for the baby! What ever happened with the furniture?

Glad to hear things are going smoothly and it's almost over...

Anonymous said...

that's the joy of the last month or so of pregnancy. I thought it was kinda fun though b/c it's your chance to milk the "pregnant" card for all it's worth.

AJ said...

I would think with the furniture since they told you it wouldn't take more than 8 weeks, and now it has, that you can claim you're unhappy with their service and get a refund anyways. I don't think that's a stretch.

Glad to hear all is going well with the diet.

Just out of curiosity, did they give you a guideline to follow? ...like 1 serving of carbs is ~15g, and give you recommendations on when to eat how many servings? That's how they set mine up and I couldn't beleive how accurate it was. If I went beyond the recommended amount, my blood sugar (2 hours after I ate) was high. I was surprised how much it was affected by little things.

Melissa said...

The tour of labor and delivery is when it really hit me - I'm having a baby! Seeing where you will actually have it, the nursery, etc. Enjoy your last couple months of sleep :)

Diana said...

AJ - Yes, the dietitian gave me a break down of how many carbs I can eat per meal and snack. My routine is 2g for breakfast, 3g for AM snack, 3g for lunch, 1g for PM snack and 2g for dinner. I've found the same, if I go over then I'll have a high reading. However, I've also found that if I do go over, if I take my 2 mile walk then I'll be ok. I did that yesterday. Jason and I passed by Rally's (I haven't had that since high school!!) and I said to stop b/c it sounded so good. I ate a cheeseburger, sm fries and 1/4 of a sm coke and still was under 120 after 2 hours. I made sure I went for my walk though. It's amazing to quantify food b/c it shows how much people really do overeat without knowing it.

rae rae said...

where's those pictures!!!!!

Kara said...

Goodness, time seems to go by so quickly. I can't believe the little one could be here in a few weeks.

I too remember not sleeping well, hip aches, etc. It does get better :)