babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 30, 2008

A 2fer - 8 Months Old & update


This week is pretty hectic so I'm going to post Bret's 8 month and some updates all in one.

I officially do not have a baby anymore (at least that's the way I feel). Bret eats three solid meals a day (nursing in between), takes 2 long naps a day (woo hoo), plays in the bath like it's his own pool and he squirms whenever I hold him :( I know I say this every month, but seriously, I can not believe how fast time flies by. He's still trying to master how to crawl. I'm really proud at how he's handling teething. His two bottom ones are poking through and he's yet to act fussy or like he's in pain. They obviously bug him because he chews on anything he can get into his mouth. He's a trooper. All of a sudden his "vocabulary" has exploded. Instead of just saying da-da, he's saying ba-ba, la-la and is trying to say ma-ma. Whenever he says ma-ma is comes out as ma-ba. It's funny to watch him play with his toys because it looks like he's having a conversation with himself.

We're leaving for Tech on Wednesday. I can not wait!! We're driving up to Jason's parents' place for the night and then driving the rest of the way on Thursday AM. That'll give Bret a break from the carseat. Bernie (Cousino) is going to reunion too with his wife, Julie, and their son, Ethan. I can't wait to see Alanna and G-IV!! The weather is supposed to be decent - the low 70's.
I found out on Friday that if I would've gone back to work, I would've lost my job. The lab is cutting 19% of their engineers which turns out to be about 7 people. I was still pretty low on the seniority list (I f-in hate unions). I would've been eligible for a month's worth of severance pay, but oh well. I can't believe how many people have 30+ years and will not retire. They're screwing the young people and don't even care. It's not my fault that some old ass cheated on his wife; she left him w/ half his pension. Or it's not my fault that you've devoted 40 years to the company in lieu of having a life outside of work (sans family and hobbies). It's not anyone's fault that you didn't save money in your 401K but your own. I've never met so many f'ed up people as I did when I worked for F*rd. Somedays I felt like I was working in a pysch ward and I was the only 'normal' one....At least that was my perception!! I feel bad for the two people that were hired into the lab ONE MONTH AGO and now they're getting let go. The union f'ing sucks.
Question for you moms - when did you start giving your kids yogurt? I need some new breakfast ideas for Bret. The fruit and cereal thing just seems so boring every day. I am starting to try Gerber oatmeal; something new to try. I started putting fruit and veggies into this net-thing that my sister bought us. Bret just basically sucks the juice out of whatever I put into it and it turns into a pile of mush. He LOVES the Graduate Puffs. I think he would eat those all day if I let him. Plus it helps him to practice the pincer grasp. He does really, really well - I shouldn't say that I'm surprised, but I am. Now if only I could keep him from putting 4 in his mouth at at time. LOL
If anyone will be in Houghton, let me know if you want to meet up for a fishbowl and pizza!! We're staying at the Northern Lights.

7 comments:

h said...

Have fun in Houghton - I'll be only 1.5 hours away in Bessemer!!! Oh - and thanks for the adorable pic of Bret...I keep forgetting to thank you!

AJ said...

I started yogurt as one of the first 'non baby food' solids. Probably around 7 or 8 mos. My mom told me that Gerber used to package egg yolks, and also yogurt, and those used to be the two first foods to try. Now eggs are tabu b/c of the allergies, but it seems to me that there is still one of the fruits or desserts that has yogurt in it. (I can't remember exactly what it is, I haven't bought baby food in over a year and my brain looses stuff like that!) Maybe start with that or the 'yo-baby' yogurts if you're nervous about it.

Kara said...

I will be in Houthon in Sept with the fam and I cannot wait. Have a safe trip.

As for yogurt, I didn't start my girls with that until after they were a year.

alanna rose said...

G IV is super excited to play with Bret!!!

Jericho Rose said...

Kevin and I decided today that we are going to the UP. It would be awesome to see you and Alanna. Let me know what your Ambassador plans are. My e-mail is twinklin_eye@hotmail.com.

Anonymous said...

He is so dang cute. Jeez. I think they can have yogurt this early, but don't take my word for sure. There's Yo-Baby, too. Kobe ate that very early on. Kobe used to love those puffs, too.

rae rae said...

Yo Baby is the best. I gave it to Carter around 8 months, too (I think).

http://www.stonyfield.com/OurProducts/YoBaby.cfm