babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

On the road again.....

....that's what it feels like this week. The three of us just got back from Milwaukee last night. *Nice to see you, Karen!!* Jason is going to Eden Prairie, MN today then we're leaving on Friday AM for NYC. So that means I have to unpack, do laundry and then pack again by tomorrow night. Not a problem because I kinda like doing the domestic thing.

What I don't like is Bret teething. His two top teeth haven't poked through yet but his gums are white. He screams and whines when I feed him, he screams and whines when I change him, he screams and whines when he doesn't get his way, he screams and whines when I try to give him something to chew on. Oh my Lord, the screaming and whining. Please stop soon because I feel like I'm going to go nuts. His DR said to give him some Tylen*l, which I do, but it doesn't seem to help. He's sleeping well which is a relief. He keeps tugging at his ears and that worries me because I think he's got an ear infection. The DR said that's normal when teething because fluid is draining into his ears. Yeah, but he tugs at his ears A LOT, like all the time. He doesn't have a fever so I guess I shouldn't be too worried.

Well gotta do another load of laundry since Bret is down for a nap.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Tylenol didn't work all that well with Justin either, but Motrin did...you might want to try switching it up? Just a thought!

karen c konkel said...

I say give the kid some whiskey! It was good to see you too D. Brett is such a cutie. I'm so glad I was able to meet him.

rae rae said...

Motrin worked better for Carter, too, as did knawing on frozen things - teething rings, frozen bananas in the mesh holder, etc.

Anonymous said...

the tantrums have not subsided yet and Kobe is 3. Chase can throw a good one, too already. the only thing I used for Kobe was Tylenol. same w/ Chase.
that pic of Brett is too dang funny. he is super cute.

Kara said...

I was really lucky with my kids. Teething didn't have much effect on them. I hope I am as lucky with Cambrie. Hope his teeth pop through soon.

Laura said...

Godspeed with the teething. We are getting 1st year molars at our house. Let me tell you how fun that is. It involves screaming from 7pm-10ish which can only be stopped by carrying him and walking. No Tylenol, no ice, no rocking... I'm so ready to go to the dentist and make him dig these tiny impacted molars out!