babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Should I stay or should I go?

I'm a minimalist. I like the least amount of stuff to make my life great. As some of you may know, I've started F@cebook-ing. Now I'm hooked and debating whether or not to stop blogging. I don't want to keep up both sites - it's too cumbersome and time consuming. *sigh* Decisions, decisions....

Jason came down with something. He's been moping and whining all day today. Gosh, get over it. I didn't get a day off when I got sick. Seriously. I've tried making him feel better by cooking, letting him sleep almost the whole day away, etc. But he's still crabby. Good Lord, men are babies. Hopefully he'll be alright to go back to work tomorrow :)

Bret has turned into a temper tantrum throwing whiner. Man. If he doesn't get his way, he'll throw down a toy or shove it across the floor. He'll whine if I don't hold him or if I don't feed him fast enough. Now he *hates* it when I have to change his diaper because, God forbid, he has to stop playing for two seconds. He's also started pulling Caicos' hair and tail. WTF? He was doing so well and petting him so nicely. Then all of a sudden, Bret turned on the cat. I've been very stern with him and telling him "no" and "you hurt Caicos when you pull his fur" and "we don't hurt Caicos". Bret doesn't care, he'll still do it. I finally got fed up and slapped his hand. I didn't, and don't, want to be "that mom", but I think that Bret is doing it on purpose. I KNOW that he understands me when I tell him not to do it. I don't think I'm going to like the testing-the-boundaries stage at all!!

7 comments:

AJ said...

Ahhhh the testing the boundaries stage. I can say it's been 10X worse with Noah than it was with Ava. I think it's because he's a second born and a boy. It's hard finding that 'magical' punishment that worked. With Ava it was a time out on her bed. With Noah we've tried time outs, spankings, being sent to his room, etc....nothing seems to work out fantastically well. So now we make him take a time out and then apologize to us if it was a tantrum or throwing a toy or whatever, or to whoever he hit, bit, etc. Before he could talk we made him give a hug or a kiss. It was a way to make him 'apologize' for the unacceptable behavior. But like I said, still not fool proff. Boys are pistols!

rae rae said...

Oh my gosh, Carter still tests boundaries. Every day, every decision. You don't have to feel bad about being 'that' mom - I've been there, done that! The naughty spot has been the one punishment that seems to work, although sometimes Carter is so wound up and stubborn that he'll sit there for over an hour before he apologizes!

Erika said...

ya, wait 'til he's 3. LOL. Actually, kids will test your boundaries their whole lives. So, set them down early and often. :)

One nice thing about Caicos is that she can run away and she has claws and teeth. If he has to learn the hard way, so be it. Well, at least that's my attitude with Alex. He got swiped across the face by my aunt's cat after I told him to leave her alone. Sometimes, that's the only way they learn.

Parenthood is so fun.

Danielle Michelle said...

I can't facebook so stay on blogger! I miss everyone who's gone over to facebook and now I can't keep up with them!

Amy said...

I say keep blogging!! Once I go back to work I wont be able to use facebook cause the man blocks it

YGS said...

I find Facebook to be more of my social network for everyone. My blog is to unwind and be more detailed about my life to just a few people. I like them both for different reasons but agree that I blog less now that I am in FB.

T. Armstrong said...

I say do both...I use facebook more for social reasons...and I personally love reading people's blogs...sorry this comment is so late! :)