Bret had his check-up yesterday - everything went well. He got his last round of polio and HIB shots.
He's still on the low side of the curve but his DR seems to be fine with it since he's still considered "normal".
Stats: 21 lbs 1 oz and 30" long
It is amazing what this kid knows and can do. He goes up and down the stairs without help :(, he feeds himself (except for yogurt - that's still super messy), and he's learned to nod and shake his head! It's hilarious to see him nod 'yes' to a question.
Bret shocked the crap out of me a few days ago.....I tried teaching him how to sign since he was 9 months old. He never seemed interested so I gave it up about a month ago. Well, earlier this week, I was giving him his before-bedtime snack and I asked him if he wanted more and he did the sign for more. I could not believe it! After about 5 minutes of praising he was so over it. I'm still amazed. Why can't kids cooperate when they're supposed to?! LOL
Another reason why no blogg-y lately - Justin's wedding.....one shower down, one to go. The bachelorette party is next and then *finally* the wedding. I've made the necessary appointments (hair, nails, dress alterations) and I purchased my undergarments yesterday. I still have to find some shoes. I need some advice though.....the bride would like everyone to tan for the wedding. I'm trying to be more cautious about tanning and skin care. Does anyone use a self-tanner? If so, what works well without the orange tinge? TY!!


11 comments:
Love the pics! He's getting so big! In terms of tanning - try a spray tan. I've used it before weddings and it is super easy, looks great and lasts for a while.
I meant that I've gone to a tanning salon and had the spray tan there - not a spray tan out of a can. :)
I've done the Mystic Tan a couple of times and it always turns out great. Do it like 2 days before the wedding and you should be all set. I REFUSE to go to a tanning bed so this is a good alternative.
I am I the only one who thinks asking people to tan is a bit ridiculous?
I've used the gradual self tanners, but only on my legs - the results have been subtle but nice :)
I agree with Alanna on this one. Good luck. Sorry I won't be at the shower, it's G's birthday party
LOL... WOW does he look like Jason in those pictures! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.
I don't tan anymore. Anything I've ever tried has something I don't like about it. The streakiness, the color, the smell of it. I'm just too picky, therefore I'm pastey.
The Mystic spray on tan is great but do it 2 or 3 days before and wear crappy clothes to your appt.
I do think the request is ridiculous though. No offense.
Love the new pics. Glad to hear he is doing well. So when are you having another one? I think Bret wants a sibling :)
I'm with Erika on the smell of the ones out of the bottle, I can't handle it. I always think the mystic spray tans look good though.
Patience, my dear Kara, patience :)
I can't get over how much he looks like daddy in that last picture!
Post a Comment