babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Prenatal appointment #2

The appointment started off on a high note - as in my blood pressure. The nurse told me it was 138 / 63. She said she's going to give me a few minutes to relax and recheck it. Second time around it was MUCH better (and more like me) - 114 / 62. I gained 3 lbs during the first trimester which is about how much I gained with Bret (I think). The DR checked for the heartbeat and it was faint. He said that was totally normal at 13 weeks. At least I heard it!!

I asked him about some red, blotchy, dry spots of skin that I got about 2 weeks ago on my left side and leg. They don't itch unless I start to scratch them. He said it's because of hormones just like the disgusting break-out on my face. UGH :) I'm glad because I kind of was scared he was going to tell me I had psoriasis or something. Pretty soon I'm going to start meeting with a dietician/diabetic consultant again just to make sure I'm on track. Hopefully I'll do as well as I did with Bret. No diabetes but I need to be careful.

Other than that, I'm feeling much better. The bout of nausea is gone!!! Now it's time to kick my workout into gear. No more inhaling crackers with cheese and chips/salsa late at night. I don't have any excuses any more!! LOL

2 comments:

alanna rose said...

I got your message - we can't tomorrow, I'm hostessing a luncheon on Fri and need to finalize everything. But we will go lots this summer - we bought a membership too :)

Danielle Michelle said...

Belly pics? lol