babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

4 months old!!


Kyle had his WC today and here are his stats:
-Weight: 15 lbs 10.5 oz (60th percentile)
-Height: 26" (90th percentile)
-HC: 16-1/2"

Found out that he has eczema. Poor thing. We've been battling dry skin for a few months and I thought that it was just really bad winter skin. I figured I should bring it up since lotion wasn't really helping. Well, that's why. So I have to put a thick cream on him 4-6X a day until his skin gets better. I just *heart* his pediatrician. She is so great at explaining things. She told me that eczema is caused by a slight compromise in his immune system. In babies, it can come out in 3 different ways: -through the skin (eczema), -through the lungs (asthma), or -through the sinuses (seasonal allergies). She said that it's not uncommon and I shouldn't worry but to let her know if the cream isn't working. Unfortunately she also said that he'll probably grow out of the eczema and develop seasonal allergies......Sorry baby, you hit the genetic trash can because of me. (I have it too.)

He got two shots today :( He's doing great though!!

7 comments:

AJ said...

Kyle looks a lot like Bret in that picture! What a cutie!

All three of my kids have eczema. Ava had it so bad her cheeks would get almost raw. She grew out of getting it that bad, but she and Noah and Jonah still get it some. I use Aquaphor (super thick vaseline) and 1% hydrocortisone (only like every other day and only when it's really bad). A and N both have seasonal allergies too. I gave them all of that. Sorry bebes!

Diana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara said...

Happy 4-months. Sounds like he is doing great. My kids haven't had eczema, but does it itch or bother him? Poor guy. Hopefully it gets better soon. I love the glasses...he is so stinkin cute.

Erika said...

Alex and I have eczema, too. we have a little club. :) once you know what it is, it's easier to deal with. :)
glad he had a great checkup. can't wait to meet the kid in person.

alanna rose said...

He's a doll! JJ's getting over a cold - when he's better we want to come and visit!

Danielle Michelle said...

Poor baby! At least he doesn't have Asthma as a baby. That would suck! Cream over breathing vapors anyday!

Laura said...

What a cute little man!!