
Image: Stained glass depiction of St. Monica (my confirmation name, in case anyone was wondering) from St. John Catholic Church in Monroe, MI.
I can't put my thoughts and emotions regarding tonight's Easter Vigil into words. All I can say is THANK YOU to all of the RCIA team members - Laureen, Elaine, Bob, Brian, Diana, and Nancy. Not to forget Father Dan, who is most inspiring with his plethora of knowledge and talent for playing the piano (which I learned about this morning). I must admit, Father Dan is the type of person that I can listen to speak for DAYS. He is simply AMAZING; Father Tom, who definitely puts a new spin on "Burn Baby Burn"; and Ray, Mount Carmel's seminary intern, who has astonished me with his undying devotion to his faith and devotion to the priesthood. I, along with my co-converts, are extemely blessed to have you in our lives. Each of us was called to the Catholic faith by God for a reason. Now that we've been officially accepted into the church, we must share our experiences with others who are on their journey. Whether it's their journey through life or their journey through Christian Initiation, we now have an obligation to share the Good News. "To whom much is given, much is expected" (Luke 12:48) And no, I didn't know that passage by heart, I had to look it up!! My grandmother used to say it to me when I was growing up. She must've known something that I didn't.
Yes, I have been extremely blessed in my life. I'm almost ashamed to admit how much I do have. Therefore, the time has come to give - and to give with an open heart. I don't know how I'm supposed to give back, or in what form, but I guarantee that I'll know when the time comes. Oddly enough, answers come to me at the strangest moments - just as I'm falling asleep, more often than not.
The journey through RCIA has been most fulfilling. What I've learned has inspired me to scratch my traveling itch....Rome, anyone?!


2 comments:
Monica *smile*
Rome? Tell me when, that's next on the list! That and I want to travel through the Abruzzi and visit my family.
Post a Comment