Jason was out of town the last week of April. He got home around 3pm on that Friday and waited for me to get home from work. When I did, he asked me if I had closed the door to the basement. Naturally, I said no because we keep Caicos' litterbox in the basement. Strange, because I check the basement door every morning before I leave the house. Jason started walking around the house and when he walked into the sunroom (a room off of the kitchen) he noticed something lying in the middle of the floor. He asked me what it was and I immediately said, "we've been broken into". The lock to the patio door was lying in the middle of the floor. When we pulled the blinds back on the patio door we saw the damage. There were apparent crowbar marks on the outside and casing/frame of the door. The glass didn't break, but both locks on the door were pried off of the screws. GREAT. what a way to start a weekend.
After looking around we realized that our iPod and video camera were stolen. Jason initiated the call to the sheriff's dept and we waited for a person to show up.
In the meantime, I went across the street to ask if my neighbor saw anything. She works from home and her office window faces the front of our house. She said that she saw a guy about our age walk out from our backyard with what looked like a toolbox at around 2:30pm. She said she didn't think anything of it because she figured one of our friends was doing some work on the house. She gave me a description of the a-hole and I thanked her and left.
I went next door (to the right) because she's a stay-at-home mom but she didn't see anything. I went to my other next door neighbor but they weren't home from work yet. The neighbors two houses down were outside so I dropped by to ask if they noticed a strange vehicle parked in front of their house. I proceeded to tell them what had happened and asked if they had seen anything. Kathy said that it was strange I asked because when she got home from work, the handle to their garage door was messed up. I suggested that they take a look at their patio door because it sounded like they got broken into as well.
In the end, our next door neighbors (who weren't home when I went over), two houses down from us (Larry and Kathy) and our house were broken into on Friday afternoon. We were lucky. A lot more stuff was stolen out of the other two houses than ours. We must've been the last house that was hit. Bastard.
Now we get the joy of dealing with our insurance company. Is hasn't been too bad yet, but then again, the new door hasn't been installed. More to come.
Monday, May 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
That stinks :(
So glad to see updates, though, and even more excited to hear about the baby :)
That is definitely crappy news! Sorry to hear you were broken into...that is a secret fear of mine. At least no one was home since you may have gotten hurt...
Yay for baby news, yay for the 2nd trimester, pooh to burglars!
Yes, thank God you weren't home. What a crappy thing to have happen. :( Thanks for updating us on baby Stark... Are the names a secret??? :)
I can't believe they broke into your house plus others in the neighborhood. That just suxs!! Glad to hear things with the baby are going well
I am with both Heathers - Thank God you weren't home!
wow! that's awful. I can't imagine how disturbing it'd be to know someone broke. it.
hope it all works out and they catch the jerk who did it.
My prediction: Boy
Sorry to hear abou the break in. What a shame anyone has to worry about that kind of stuff. What a downer.
How scary!!!! Hope they catch the jerk soon. Just glad to hear that you all are safe.
Unbelievable and we don’t live but a few miles apart!! That so terrifying!
That is awful! I hope they find out who it was!
WOAH, that sucks. I bet you feel violated. and pissed. sorry to hear about that.
thanks for the congrats note. being pregnant is going well thus far. how are you feeling?
Post a Comment