babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 02, 2008

7 months old!!

It definitely shows that Bret is getting "older". He sits without support, is starting to rock on his hands and knees and wants to get into EVERYTHING!!

I started giving him some Gerber finger foods to pacify him until I get his food ready. So far, he can grab the puffs and sometimes even with his thumb and forefinger. He puts them in his mouth but gags instead of sucking/chewing on them. I guess he's not quite ready for finger foods. LOL I keep trying, figuring he'll get the hang of it eventually.

I started giving him water in a sippy cup. He knows to put the spout in his mouth, but then again, everything goes into his mouth. Hasn't quite figured out how to get the water out. I give it to him out of a straw and he really seems to like it.

Not too much else other than teething. I sort of see whitecaps on the bottom but they haven't poked through yet. He tugs/plays at his ears and the DR says that's usually a sign that kids are teething (if their ears look good otherwise). Poor thing.

Walks are fun. He loves looking around at stuff and watching the birds. The walks usually end up in a cat nap. Plus they're good for me!!! A few miles at a time is about his limit.

I'm not going to post any pics today since I did last week. I picked up his 6 month pics last week and they're so different from his 3 month, it's unbelievable!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this all sounds very familiar. Chase will not eat even rice cereal yet though. Kobe used to do the gagging thing, too.

Unknown said...

Has this time gone by fast? He'll be walking by Christmas! Wow! 7 months is going from a baby to a toddler.

Kara said...

Wow 7-months....glad to hear he is doing so well. I can't remember when I started giving the girls the puffs, probably around the same time. I agree with Kathy that he's going to be walking before you know it.