Friday, August 08, 2008
Gehen wir!!!
On Wednesday we were taking a walk and having small talk. Jason was telling me about some career aspirations/possibilities and what he didn't want to have happen with his career. The conversation came around to an interest in an overseas assignment (3 months). He has mentioned this before but kind of in passing. Now, it sounded a bit more serious. I obviously asked where could we go. China and India are totally out of the question. I don't care how much of an impact those countries are on the global market. He named a few, including Germany. He's had a few co-workers go to Baden-Baden, which I keep hearing is beautiful. If we do take this seriously, then I'd like to go before Bret starts school. That would be super cool (at least the idea of it).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
No need to think about it. Just do it!
Scott's family is from Baden Baden!
wow. that is crazy. it really would be a cool experience.
Go!!! I would give my left arm for J to get an overseas assignment. For right now, I would get Bret a passport (if he doesn't have one already), then you'd be one step ahead :)
If I was a Stay-at-home mom, I would totally be up for an opportunitiy like that. Josh may not be, but I would....especially if it was only 3-months. (I would go through separation issues if I was away from my parents too long.... :) )
I agree with the other posts that you should go for it.
Do it. Especially if it's Germany. Jen, my sister, lived in Germany for a couple years and LOVED it. She goes back every chance she gets.
Post a Comment