babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 04, 2008

So not tech savvy

How the hell do I change my blog template?

I tried and I keep getting an error.

I. HATE. NOT. BEING. TECH. SAVVY.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I got my Christmas one at www.thecutestblogontheblock.com

You go on the left hand side to "backgrounds" and then search and find one you like. Then click on it. Below the template it gives these instructions:

To apply this background, follow the following steps (REQUIRED)

Sign in to Blogger. This will take you to your Dashboard.

Under the blog you wish to change the background for, click on Layout.
You are now in the 'Add and Arrange Page Elements' screen.

Click 'Add a Gadget'.
You are now in the 'Add a Gadget' screen.
Scroll down to where it says 'HTML/JavaScript'. Next to that, click on the (+) sign.

You are now in the 'Configure HTML/JavaScript' Screen.

Under Content you'll see a large box, paste the entire following HTML code in that space.
Click 'Save'.


The HTML that you need to paste into the gadget box is below the instructions.

I am sure there are 10,000 ways to do it, but this was super easy for me!

Diana said...

Thank you! I was editing the HTML without adding a gadget. I didn't know it made a difference.

Thanks again!!!

rae rae said...

You figured it out :-)