babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Random thoughts

There are a ton of differences in my pregnancies! The most noticeable one is the red, blotchy dry skin patches on my left side. I started noticing them about 3 weeks ago on my leg. Since then, they've spread up my side. They don't itch, per se, but they are really gross looking. I mentioned it to my DR and he said it was hormones. UGH. I asked if it would go away and he said "maybe not until the baby is born". Ha, ha, that's funny.....no, not really.

I'm carrying a little higher than I did with Bret. I don't sleep as well this time around and I'm not as hungry with this pregnancy as I was with Bret. So strange!! I am convinced that it's a girl. I was right with Bret so we'll see if I'm right with this one.

Jason has to take unpaid time off again - 1 week per quarter for the rest of the year. That equals almost an 8% pay cut for '09. I've decided to start thinking about my next career move after this baby is born. I'm pretty sure what I want to do, but I don't think I'm going to do anything until this baby is sleeping through the night. I don't want to say anything now but I will some time soon. It's got me excited about taking classes again, learning something new AND a profession that's pretty flexible depending upon where I work.

I went on a shopping spree for Bret to get ready for summer/Charleston trip. He got a whole summer wardrobe - thanks to my awesome Old N@vy coupon and the great sale they were having last week. He also got a new squirt pool, sunglasses, 3 swim diapers, sandals and a sun tent. I love buying stuff for Bret!! I think he's got more clothes than I do!!

I've decided on names for the baby. Now I just have to run them by Jason and see which ones we agree on. Yes, we are going to find out what we're having but I think we're not going to tell people this time. We'll see :)

7 comments:

AJ said...

My pregnancies were totally different with Ava versus Noah, too. I had more sensitive skin with Ava, I blamed it on making the girly hormones:)

My 'gut feeling' for you is girl, too. Everyone else so far I've thought boy, but I think Bret's getting a little sister:)

Kara said...

What are you thinking your next career move will be?

I have secretly wanted to go into the medical profession and even researched it a bit after I had the twins. I just don't think I want to go back to school for that many years, so instead, I'll play Dr. Mom :)

Danielle Michelle said...

I love shopping for kids. When I have them it will be scary...

Ditto on Kara's Q...what are you thinking?

YGS said...

BTW- I just got my Old Navy swimsuit from their maternity line. It's black, one piece, halter top. I really like it! Very simple and cute!

YGS said...

Oh! And I've always thought about going back to school to become a nurse! Teaching would also be great b/c then you could have summers off!

Diana said...

I'm thinking about going back for dental assisting. I wanted to be a dentist for as long as I can remember and I don't know why I changed my mind. I figured assisting is the next best thing.

Anonymous said...

don't you just love old navy for baby/toddler clothes?? i always shop there.