babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Back to reality!

Charleston was a blast! I love the beach - simply put. Bret was a MEGA-champ with the drive. We left around his nap time and drove for about 3 -3.5 hours then stopped for dinner and to let him walk around. We drove for another 3 hours or so and let him run around then got him ready for "bed" and drove the rest of the way. We got into Charleston around 4am-ish on Saturday. Bret couldn't get enough of the sand and beach....he loved the buckets / shovels / rakes to play with and LOVED knocking down every single sandcastle that Jason and I made for him. The ocean was a bit different. He didn't mind sticking his feet into the water but the waves scared him a little. He wouldn't let us carry him into the water. Maybe next time!!

Since it was about 90 degrees every day, we took a break from the sun on Thursday and went to the aquarium. It was fun but I was just a wee bit disappointed. Not too many big fish on exhibit - a lot of small fish though. The one thing that I thought was super cool was the 57 ft high salt water tank with a TON of different fish (and sharks). There was even a scuba diver in the tank waving at Bret. He had no idea what to think about that. He kept giving us this puzzled look and turning up his hands - like saying "what the heck?"

Jason and I were kind of nervous about how well Bret was going to sleep since he doesn't like his Pack N Play. I bought some memory foam, hoping that would make it more comfortable, and put a fitted sheet over it. He slept great! I was so happy. He did really well with his naps and slept all night. WOOO HOOO

All I know is that the week flew by. I can't wait to do it again!! Because the vacation was so expensive we're rethinking the St. Louis trip. We may stick closer to home - like Cleveland - this year. We'll see.

No comments: