babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

'Bout to go ghetto on yo' a$$

You know how you become super protective of your kid(s)?
You know how you try to teach your kid(s) manners?
You know how you expect other kids to treat yours with the same type of manners?

Well, sometimes that doesn't happen and you almost go ghetto.....

Bret and I went to the zoo today to check out the newly opened Nature's Neighborhood. *Very cool, by the way* There was a big steam with rocks and fake sticks and plastic fish and colanders for the kids to wade in and play around. This little boy (about 3 or 4) walked up to Bret and threw a rock at him and hit him in the chest! At first I was shocked because I couldn't believe that boy did it. Thankfully Bret didn't freak out and start crying but he put his head down and gave me this look like "that kind of hurt but I don't know if I should cry or not". I turned around to the kid's mom and she had the nerve to say "Oh he's fine, it just hit him in the chest." OH NO YOU DI-INT JUST SAY THAT TO ME!!! I was pretty much close to decking her. So I did the next best thing. I asked the woman if it would be alright for me to throw a rock and hit her son in the chest. She didn't like that very much because she grabbed her son's hand and said "c'mon Caleb, let's go". I looked at her and smiled. Unfortunately, that pretty much ended our zoo trip. Bret thought it was now ok to throw rocks in the water. So after asking him three times to stop and not listening, I had to do the mean mom thing by taking him out of the water kicking and screaming and we left.

We had a great time though...the weather was BEAUTIFUL!! Pictures to follow :)

5 comments:

AJ said...

OMG! I'm not saying Noah would never throw a rock, b/c he very well may, but I would definitely apologize to the mom, child, and make him apologize to whomever he hurt. Yikes.

alanna rose said...

I was just going to ask if you want to go to the Zoo on Thurs - we really want to check out the new area... let me know - we'll be going early.

I had to yell at some kids at our pool yesterday - I go ghetto all the time :)

YGS said...

OMG - noone ever better throw a rock at my kiwi or they'll see ghetto too!!!!

Danielle Michelle said...

LOL - I am starting to get that lately the more I hang out with my man's girl.

Hey - when we come visit we want to go to the zoo!!!

Kara said...

I am in shock. I cannot believe Caleb's mother didn't even apologize or scold her son. I definitely would have my child apologize for his/her actions.

I think we all can go ghetto :)