babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

It's coming down to the wire

I have a ton of thoughts today and I don't know why....

I'm approaching my last trimester and I'm wondering where the heck the time has gone with this pregnancy!! I can't believe I have only 3.5 months to go. I think/worry a lot about how I'm going to do with two kids by myself after Jason goes back to work. My biggest concern is not letting Bret feel left out or ignored. I know he won't understand at first but I still don't want him to feel like I don't love him or that Baby #2 has taken his place. At the same time, I want to be able to hold and cuddle Baby #2 and have Bret understand that this baby needs me too. Moms put too much pressure on themselves!! Most importantly, I want Jason to know that I still love him and want to be a loving and doting wife even though he may feel ignored and unwanted.

I can honestly say that I'm not looking forward to the sleepless nights. I get very emotional and crabby when I don't sleep. For the past month, I've been begging God for patience because the last thing I want to do is to be cranky with a newborn and take it out on Bret and Jason - especially Bret because he won't understand why I'm acting like an idiot. I'll admit it...I'm so nervous.

On the other hand, I am so excited to hold Baby #2 and look at him and give him nose kisses like I did to Bret! To know what it feels like to have our family complete with all my boys :)

I am so very lucky!!

1 comment:

AJ said...

Not gonna lie, the switch from one kids to two is huge. Two kids are way more than double the work, but like all changes in parenting, you find your 'rhythm' and what works for you and your family. As far as the love and attention being divided fairly, I think all moms are worried about it before their second baby arrives. I know I was. But that works itself out, too. You guys are wonderful parents, Bret being such a great child is evidence of that, and you will do great with the new addition, too! I'm so excited for all these babies in the next few months!!!