babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Seven deadly sins - Envy

I envy how people can leave their kids for extended periods of time (like days). I just can't do it. Abandonment issues, I know.....and it's true. I would love to go on romantic weekends with Jason or to visit long-distant friends without kids in tow. I think it's because I feel kind of alone. I have absolutely no one in my family that would take time off of work to stay with my kids for the weekend and the people that I do trust in Jason's family work too.

I definitely would leave Jason with the kids but then I feel guilty because he works all week.

So I envy you, you romantic-weekend-takers!

4 comments:

Erika said...

if i lived closer, i'd totally give you a day off. :)

AJ said...

The Mommy Guilt gets me. I've left my kids only a handful of times in the 6 years I've been a parent!

rae rae said...

Sadly you get used to it once you do it a few times. You really ought to, you know :-) Even overnight :-)

rae rae said...

And you know what? YOU work all week too, so cut yourself some slack and come visit us. Jason can have his own kind of "boys weekend"!!!! :-))) I know, I know, it's my turn to go there ;-)))