Breastfeeding, that is....I've lost all of my pregnancy weight, now I want to lose another 10 - 15 lbs that I gained back after I stopped breastfeeding Bret. Forever ago, yeah, I know. Well, I quickly found out that if I workout more than 3X/week my milk supply takes a nose dive. So I drink more water and increase my calorie intake to compensate. Increased calories + working out 2X/week = 0
I hate breastfeeding......I only do it for the kids :)
Wednesday, February 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I am proud of you for breast feeding your kids! Your kids will be all the healthier for it and you will lose the weight soon enough. :)
I'd forget about the extra weight until you start adding a decent amount of solid food to Kyle's diet. Then you won't have to worry about production as much.
Keep it up milky mama! There are days I wish JJ would still nurse, he lost interest after I got pregnant, I miss our special time together every morning.
I am one of those people who has SUCH a hard time losing weight while breastfeeding. Everyone's always all "you burn soooo many extra calories"...and I want ot be all "NOT everyone does!"
I actually read recently that the difficulty losing weight while breastfeeding is common in women who had gestational diabetes. And that breastfeeding can help prevent Type II diabetes up to 9 years after you wean your child if you've had gestational diabetes.
I still have a LONG way to go, you're not alone. I'm jealous you lost all the pregnancy weight. I have 13 lbs to go just to do that:(
Keeping up my milk supply has been very hard. Here are some of the tricks that have worked for me, perhaps you can use them while working out.
- Eat oatmeal. I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal but it really helps!
- Take fenugreek and blessed thistle. These are natural herbs.
- Drink a beer here and there. I do it on the weekends.
Good luck :)
Sounds like fun....ha.
However good for you.
The preschool thing is tough. We kept Becky back this year from being the turning 5 in Nov. kindergarten kid and put her in Pre-schoolthis year. She is so far behind socially.
I'd say see where Bret is concerning his skills. You can download the pre-school standards online (to see if he is hitting the correct milestones and will be comfortable in Kidergarten as a 4 going on 5 kiddo).
Good luck!
Post a Comment