babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Pacing The Cage

Twins or Brewers this summer? Buffett concert or not? Appease my spontaneous streak or compromise? These questions are filling my brain with torment. One at a time:

#1: Twins or Brewers? - Every year, we take a long weekend to visit a different ballpark. Since we're going to Charleston for a week, we decided not to travel very far for a ball game. Therefore, Minne or Milwaukee (we've already been to Chicago and staying in Detroit is out of the question). We decided to take the trip sometime in September. Twins are at home the weekend after Labor Day. Brewers are at home Labor Day weekend.

#2: Buffett concert or not? - For the first time in four years, JB is coming to Detroit. The concert date is September 12 (Tuesday). If we go, tickets will be $200 and vacation days will be planned :) This ties into dilemma #1. If we decide to partake in the concert festivities AND go to Minne, then we'll be traveling, spending a ton of money and taking a few days off from work within a short period of time. If we don't attend the concert, then two things will occur - I will be extremely disappointed AND it won't matter which ballpark we go to this fall.

#3: Appease my spontaneous streak or compromise? - I can see right through Jason. God bless him, but he's so damn transparent. When I informed him of the Buffett concert, his immediate response was, "What about Minneapolis - isn't that the weekend before the concert?" I think that's his way of saying, "I don't want to say 'yes' to the concert because it'll piss me off and I don't want to say 'no' because it'll piss you off." I introduced the idea of going to Milwaukee, but he didn't seem to warm up to the idea right away.

I think my idea is brilliant - go to Milwaukee for Labor Day (don't have to take off from work, which is a plus) and attend the concert. Minnesota can wait until 2007.

Simple solutions to simple problems, right?!

HELP!

6 comments:

rae rae said...

nooooooooooooooooooo
Minne!!! Minne!! Do both!! :-)

Erika said...

i'm with heather. MINNE MINNE MINNE MINNE!!!!!!!!
you could stay at my place for FREE.

Crystal said...

NO! Milwaukee! You can stay at my place for free and I'll even throw in some breakfast.

Erika said...

i'll see your breakfast and raise you a free drink at the bar of your choice.

rae rae said...

I'll also see breakfast, free drink, and throw in beers and dome dogs at the Metrodome!

AJ said...

Why is Detroit out?? The Tigers are likely to be in the playoffs in September!!