Some weekend happenings:
Friday didn't do too much. Started planning a baby shower for Jason's cousin, Corey. I am sort of perturbed about how the family is handling the situation. Corey is 20 years old and not married. She's due on November 1st and nothing has been said or planned for her shower. On the other hand, when Jason's cousin's wife, Jody,(Corey's sister-in-law) was pregnant all of the aunts got together and planned a shower for her. Anyway, I mentioned something to Corey's mom about when we're going to plan the shower and she had no clue. The Stark family drives me crazy sometimes.
So, I talked to Jody and we're planning the baby shower. I printed all of the invitations, reserved the hall and have a guest list. All we have to do is get Corey registered and figure out the menu, centerpieces, guests' gifts, etc.
Saturday I spent most of the day in Roseville (where I grew up) for a friend's bridal shower. Katie and I have known each other since we were four. We kind of lost touch when I went to college and moved to Temperance, but we're still really good friends nonetheless. I am so happy for her. Chris, her fiance, seems to be a REALLY good guy.
When I got home from the shower, I didn't feel very well so I curled up on the couch with Caicos and slept. Jason went over to a friend's house to drink/play cards/whatever. He said he wasn't going to stay out too late so I didn't feel bad for staying home. When I woke up at 1:39 am he hadn't come home yet. I was sort of concerned so I called his cell. When he answered the phone (after 3 tries) I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. He was at a bar about 20 miles away and he was WASTED. The only thing I asked him was how he was going to get home. His response was, "I'm not drunk, I'm going to drive home." GRRRREEEAAAAT. So, I reminded him that every action has a consequence and that he'll have to figure out how to get home b/c I wasn't picking him up and if he drove home then I'd kill him. He proceeded to call the house to talk and I just let the answering machine answer. He was dropped off at 2:34 am just in time to start puking. He babbled in between flushes and I feel back asleep. At 3:57 am I woke up to check on him and he was passed out on the bedroom floor. Probably a good idea. I gave him a pillow and blanket and left him there. This morning I told him I wasn't mad that he went to the bar, but b/c he was going to drive home drunk. For my entertainment, I replayed his messages and he didn't think it was funny. So, with a hangover, he has to figure out how to get the car home (I told him I wasn't going to go with him), go to a Fantasty Football draft and clean up the mess he made from last night.
So far today has been a pretty relaxing day :)
Sunday, August 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Gotta love those drunken nights. I sure don't miss the hangovers, though. Did Jason ever get his car?
Yes. Since I refused to help him, his friend drove the car home and then Jason drove him back. Things are much better since we were able to have a rational, adult conversation w/out the drunk babble and puking.
You are a saint...on both issues.
ahhhh.... good times.
i'm having flashbacks of drunk jason "i gotta gun". yikes.
good for you doing the shower. :)
I'm too much of an enabler. I would have helped out. Good for you for not!!!!
Post a Comment