babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ballpark Tour - Year 3

Over the weekend, Jason and I went on our annual MLB ballpark tour. This year we chose Milwaukee. I promise to upload pics tonight, but until then here is how the weekend went for us:

Friday - worked all day. We left Maumee (where Jason works) around 5:30pm. Spent the next 5 hours on the road. Let me tell you something, those turnpike service centers are magnets for scary people (excluding us of course). We stopped for a biological break and to pick up something to eat. First observation - trash can overflowing with paper towels in the bathroom. Great. Do I need to go *that* badly??? Get in line for food. Second observation - not one adult is working in the back or behind the counter. In the middle of my order, the girl behind the cash register opens the register drawer and starts counting money. NO LIE. I looked at Jason in total disbelief and he started cracking up. She must've got the hint because she looked at me, apologized and asked me to start over. People scrambling everywhere and nothing is getting done. My only thought was get me out of here ASAP.....We arrive in Milwaukee around 9:30pm (CST) and check into the hotel. I gave Karen a call to let her know that we made it and I'd call her in the AM. By 10:30pm, I was passed out.

Saturday - woke up on my own at 6am. Holy crap. Jason was still kind of sleeping so I decided to workout in the fitness room. Too bad I left my bathing suit at home b/c a swim sounded really relaxing. After about 45 mins, I was bored on the elliptical and chose to go back up to the room for a shower and some coffee. Jason and I called Karen after breakfast to decide what time we were going to the Miller Brewery. That was fun. The beer really didn't taste any different than buying it from a store (which is a good thing). The coolest part of the tour is seeing 500,000 cases of beer in one area. I've never witnessed that much of anything EVER. After the tour, we met up with Heather J for some tail-gate shopping and off to the game! The parking lot was PACKED full of tail gaters. The smell of charcoal and burnt meat filled the air. It was exciting. We went into the park, took some pictures and sat in our seats to enjoy the game. We left too early (Heather and Karen were sleepy - with pics to prove it). The Brewers were down in the bottom of the 8th, they came back to tie in the 9th but lost in extra innings.

Sunday - most of the day was spent walking around downtown. We checked out the waterfront, art museum, some boutiques (much to Jason's dismay), a "women's" shop, and where Karen e-mails all of us from every day. For dinner, we went to The Capital Grille. Expensive, but worth it. The food was delicious. A few drinks afterwards and goodbyes.

We woke up at 7am CST and left - arriving home around 1:30pm EST. To end, some funny moments during the weekend:

Heather: "We're all friends here, right?" Then farts.
Diana: *Insert huge burp* "I guess burps don't scare off bees"

That's all I can think of right now. More later....including pics.

5 comments:

Danielle Michelle said...

Glad to hear you can still let them rip ;)

rae rae said...

Diana, you trying to burp away the bee... your description doesn't do it justice!!!!

Also, Jason is such a good sport for going to A Woman's Touch with us!!!!

karen c konkel said...

I think that's my new favorite store. Clothes or toys? Hmmm? TOYS!!!

Diana said...

Burping away the bee was totally instinctive. That's the only way I can explain why I did it.

Jason was a good sport because I don't think he knew *exactly* what kind of store he was walking into!! *smirk*

h said...

Sounds like you had fun!