babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Good to Bad to Worse to Good

Despite the title of this post, I really did have a good day today.

Work went extremely well today. I was contacted by a customer that I did work for a few months ago. He asked if he could use some images that I put into a report for an SAE paper. Excellent. That was basically the highlight of my day.

Left work around 3:30pm because Jason and I are going to check out the local YMCA together. His gym membership expires tomorrow. Well, at about 4:03pm things weren't so great. My front LH tire went flat. That's not the bad part. I've changed flat tires before....once at 2am in a gas station parking lot when I was 21 and once in January of 2005 at 6am, on my way to work, in the freezing F'ing cold, in a gas station parking lot. I got my last flat tire by hitting a pothole (unbeknownst to me it was a DEEP pothole) going 30 mph. Not only did my tire go flat instantly, but my rim bent, too. I took my car to Belle Tire on 15150 Michigan Avenue in Dearborn (subliminal message: don't ever go there) to have the rim replaced. I should have been observant when I picked up my car because one lug nut on that tire was not the lug nut that was on it when I dropped off the car. FAST FORWARD TO TODAY: I pull off to the side of the highway and start jacking up my car. A super nice (and incredibly HOT) man asked if I needed help and I declined. He looked at me, smiled and said, "bullshit". Then proceeded to loosen my lug nuts (M-E-O-W). He got to the mutant lug nut from Belle Tire and couldn't loosen it. It didn't fit the socket. In fact, it didn't fit ANY socket that he had in his toolbox. In the meantime (and this is about 1/2 hour later), two MI State troopers and MDOT Courtesy Patrol pulled up. We explained what the issue was with the lug nut. The MDOT guy (David Dawson) said that he had a compression socket that he would try. Heaven opened up and angels began to sing because it worked. Chris (the incredibly HOT guy) said that he was going to take off since there was nothing else he could do. I thanked him and he left. The funniest part of the story is that I left my cellphone at home today. I couldn't get a hold of Jason to let him know that I was going to be late. I used Chris' phone to ask Jason to pick me up (at that point MDOT David hadn't shown up). After my tire was changed, the MI State Trooper said that he didn't want me to stay on the highway for Jason since it was so dangerous. I thanked MDOT David by slapping him with $40 and a quick hug. I told the trooper that I'd exit off the highway and call Jason from a payphone. How archaic. I wasn't able to get a hold of Jason, so I left him a message to turn around and come home. When I got home I figured out why Jason didn't answer his phone. He left it at home. I need to go to the gym and blow off some steam......Thanks to all who stopped to help a girl in need - MDOT David, Hot-guy Chris, and the two MI State troopers.

7 comments:

Erika said...

you're so funny. even if he is cute, i'm not sure i'd give him $40. you're awesome.
i did the whole flat tire thing myself too. I love that i can change a tire. even on the way home from s.dakota i had to jump my car.

you go girl!

Diana said...

NOOOO - I gave the MDOT Courtesy Patrol guy $40, not hot guy.

rae rae said...

why did you give mdot 40? LOL. You crack me up! Too bad you didn't have your cell phone; I'd like a photo of hot guy Chris.

karen c konkel said...

Diana tips everyone and tips well. :) You're too nice!

Kara said...

Thank goodness for AAA. I am not sure if I have ever changed a tire. I kind of know how...but I prefer to call for someone else to do it. It would take me hours.

Danielle Michelle said...

I just changed mine in 3 inch heels the other day and nobody stopped to offer help...what are wrong with guys out here? I am woman, hear me roar! Anyway, did you tell hot Chris that you have a girlfriend who neds a man, and a date to her 10 year reunion? (I figure you can bring him home for me...)LOL

Diana said...

Sorry Danielle, but hot guy is married:( LOL