babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Dennis Leary is Correct

Asshole. Unfortunately, on my husband's birthday, that is the only word I can think of when I look at him tonight.

Remember that kick ass snowmobile I bought him a month ago (well 50% of it anyway - we still owe the remaining 50%)? Well, he seems to have forgotten the "grateful" part of that deal. The downhill slide started with this comment:

"Jason, the snowmobile payment is due on the 13th. Don't forget to take money out of your ING account to pay for it." Before I knew it, we were in a huge arguement about money. Now, there is NO REASON for us to be arguing about money. Our combined income is well beyond what we need to survive. Somehow the conversation got turned around on why I have a 2K credit card balance. My explanation (albeit not a good reason) - if I didn't save 4k for the stupid ass snowmobile, I wouldn't have a credit card balance. I can't save money for the snowmobile AND pay off my credit card in the same month. I don't make that much money. So, I chose to save for the snowmobile last month and pay off my credit card this month. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Wow, wrong answer. All of a sudden I was supposedly insinuating that it wasn't alright for him to spend money, but it was alright for me to. Where did that come from?

Comments like "why did you charge your plane ticket to NYC?" and "why did you spend $300 on clothes?" were directed at me. Response #1: well, it's basically the only way to purchase a plane ticket these days - plus I used my DEBIT card NOT my CREDIT card....try again asshole. Response #2: I hate shopping. I shop for myself MAYBE twice a year. I went to the mall one day and bought 4 outfits for work (not even casual or bar clothes) and a necklace to go w/ one of the outfits. Sorry, but there is a dress code at work. The last time I went shopping for myself was when I went to Minneapolis last summer/fall before Heather Kentala had Carter. Thank you very much.

Now I'm ready to torch the fucking snowmobile and be done with it. NEVER again will I sacrifice to do something that I know will make him happy. I'm pissed.

4 comments:

Erika said...

yikes. men... puh.

alanna rose said...

This is why I control the money in our house. All Jocko knows is that the bills are paid, he eats well and I look nice.

Diana said...

Alanna - you always know what to say to make me laugh. Thanks kiddo! When are we going to see eachother???

rae rae said...

Looks like a Tech mini-break is just what the doctor ordered. I'm so jealous!