Jason and I had our first prenatal appointment today. I didn't know what to expect, so I was kind of nervous. We were called into an exam room with ultrasound equipment and the nurse explained to us what was going to happen. A camera captured the baby's location. The image on the screen was so weird. We saw a little sac that was black and in the center of it was a white blob. The nurse explained to us that the black sac-like area is the placenta and the white blob is the baby. The cool thing was when we saw the heart beating!!! It looked like a flickering light. Way cool. The heart beat was 129 which we were told is very good at this stage of the pregnancy. The baby's heart beat is expected to be above 100. The baby is 6.7 mm long and is 6 weeks and 4 days old.
Our due date is November 8th. I'm hoping for a Halloween baby! Just think - costume parties for a birthday every year!!! We are so excited and feel very blessed. My next visit is in four weeks so I'll have another update!
Oh, one more thing.....I've been CRAVING chocolate milk like a mad woman. I never believed women who told me about their cravings. I thought, "yeah right". It's so true and it's terrible. I rarely drank chocolate milk. I can probably count the number of times in one year on one hand. The doctor yelled at me. He said to "limit the chocolate milk consumption". He said that drinking too much of it will cause me to gain unneccesary weight. Fiiiiiinnnnneeee.
Much more to come. Hooray for baby Stark :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Yay!!!!!
The chocolate milk craving is probably your body's way of telling you that you need more calcium. I've read that is where our strange cravings come from.
I can't wait to hear more! Keep posting!
Baby Stark could also share my birthday, Nov. 4th. That's what I'm rooting for. :)
I'm the doomsday friend!
I say November 11th.
Did your sister have her babies early or late?
Anyway, told you so on the cravings! In addition to cravings, look out for the food aversions. I couldn't look at a banana without puking for a while. I used to eat them every day before I got prego.
sorry I didn't get congratulate you earlier--I've been behind on blogging. CONGRATULATIONS!! how cool! when I was pregnant I ate peanutbutter, fish sticks, and baked doritos. and jordan almonds. I'm weird though.
I can't wait to see an ultrasound picture of baby Stark. :)
Hooray! Sorry I'm so behind on blogs. CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you guys. My step dad and step brother are both Halloween birthdays. If you have him/her on November 3rd, he/she would share a birthday with Jori!
I craved eggs and toast when I was preggo with Ava. I think Heather's right, cravings are your body telling you what you need, I must've needed protein.
I can't wait for u/s pics:)
Hooray, my mother called this morning all happy to tell me that her sister is going to be a grandmother again in November!! Aunt Mary is thrilled!! & so are we!!
Hey Congrats! I'm just updating myself! So excited for you! Isn't drinking milk supposed to be way good for you? Maybe stick to mixing Hersey's into Skim milk instead of the fattening stuff. I'm sure there are alternatives where the doctor and yourself can be happy! I drink Chocolate milk everyday and need to gain weight!
Great news....glad to hear that the appt went well. Do you plan on finding out the sex?
Post a Comment