Jason and I have decided against induction on Monday. I called the DR's office and cancelled, then made my 39 week appointment for Wednesday.....*wishful thinking* maybe he'll tell me to go to the hospital after the appointment. We figured to let the baby bake for another week then make a decision.
We have a pretty relaxed weekend planned....didn't do too much last night, just stuck around the house. Today I'm going to a volleyball tournament (one of my friends is the coach). That should be fun. Tomorrow Jason and I are going to a local orchard to get some doughnuts and cider. I've been dying for some since October 1st!! Question - am I allowed to drink cider if it's not pasteurized?? I can't remember if I asked that already or not. So, not too much to say. Hopefully soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
I was just wondering what the status of your baby was! You aren't supposed to drink unpasteurized cider, but you are so close to the end, that who knows if that baby will actually get any of it. I had some (unknowingly) when I was 20 some weeks pregnant with G and nothing happened.
Do lots of walking! Make that baby come out!
I was so hoping to see a note saying you were headed to the hospital! Let that baby bake a bit longer, you'll know when you're ready :)
Most of the cider in MI is pasturized now - they started using a UV pasturization technique, so the cider is still cider, not just apple juice.
babies are much easier to care for inside you than out. :) My doc was all about letting alex stay in for 2 weeks after I was due. I won't say that made me very happy, but looking back on it, it was probably a good thing.
Can't wait to see the little guy. :)
After having one baby when she was ready, and one baby being induced, I preferred the non-induced labor. Good for you to hang on longer!
Both cider mills that we went to this year had un-pasteurized cider at the mills. (We went to Westview and Blakes in the D-town area.) Both mills also offered it hot though, and that probably helps if it's unpasteurized too...
Have a great time at the mill. I too was hoping that I would hear some baby news. Hopefully the little one will come out soon. I too second the recommendation on walking. I hear that it helps.
Not like I have any advice on having children... Just have it!
Love you!
Well, it's Monday so for all I know, you are already at the hospital. Hopefully. Right?
If not, in my experience (you know, the 7 I went through with my sisters) you're so close to the end the baby will not be harmed by the cider. Most of those recommendations are for the beginning of your pregnancy when the baby is developing so quickly. Also, the cider has to first pass through you before it gets to the baby. I say drink the cider.
If you aren't in labor, walk, walk, walk. That's how both my sisters made their labors happen. Theresa walked 2 miles every day towards the end of Anna Mae's pregnancy. The Dr wasn't too happy but she assured him 2 miles out was 2 miles closer to the hospital and if she couldn't walk that last .5 to the hospital we'd grab a cart from KMart and wheel her there. Yes, my sister's Dr thinks we're all nuts. :)
So, it's Wed and still no news, does this mean you were swept off to the hospital? Or is Baby still cooking?
Baby?
I got a text last night from D. She said they were at the hospital and all was well. That was at about 10pm. No baby at that time yet but might be here now. :)
Hooray for baby!
Way to go Diana!
Congratulations on Bret (or is it Brett?) being born! I'm happy he wasn't born on Halloween - now he gets a special day all to himself! Can't wait to see pictures!!!!
Congrats, can't wait to see pictures of Bret(t)!
woohoo! Congrats on the baby boy! can't wait to see pictures!!!
Post a Comment