He's an angel. The only time he cries is when I don't feed him fast enough. It's so funny because he gets so excited and he starts squirming around with his mouth wide open. I start to laugh and then he gets mad and screams. He's starting to make noises (cooing and ahhing) and I love that he can focus on me instead of staring out into space. I love it when he looks at me and smiles. It makes me want to cry.
Some things I've learned since becoming a mom:
- I love giving Bret a bath (he smells so clean and baby-like; even if it's only for about 2 hours)
- Baby spit up is nasty
- Breastfed baby poop doesn't really smell that bad (I'm dreading it when he starts on solids!!)
- If a boy's weiner isn't pointed down in the diaper, pee will find any and every opening in a diaper (thanks Erika for that tip)
- Some 0-3 months clothes aren't really meant to fit until he's 3 months old
- If I've showered and brushed my teeth, then that's a successful day
I called the furniture place yesterday for an update on our order. Unfortunately, I did not get any good news. The guy told me that the estimated arrival date is "middle of January". Thankfully I did not blow up on the guy. I reminded him that the middle of January is way past 14 weeks for delivery and something has to be done about it. This is getting to be a little ridiculous. He advised me to talk to the owner. Great. The only thing I want to say to the owner is how absurd the delivery time is for furniture. Are customers expected to order furniture in their first trimester and then hope that it arrives on time? How does this place stay in business? GRRRRR
Jason is going out of town for work tomorrow through Friday. Bummer.
Other than that, things are going really well. I'll post 1 month pictures this weekend. Can you believe 1 month has gone by already?! Good grief.


3 comments:
Can't wait for new pictures!!!! Tell me when you're up for visitors since I'd love to meet Bret and visit with you! :)
They need to give you that furniture for free!
I agree with Y, you at least deserve a good discount on that furniture!
Your list of 'new mom' things is so true, it seriously makes me want another baby. Glad to hear that things are going well, and I can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment