I'm 5 months old today! I am doing so good - I've learned to blow bubbles while eating cereal and try to sit up while nursing. I'm not Mommy's little blob anymore! Active is more like it. All I do is roll over and kick my feet when I'm on the floor with my toys, put everything in my mouth that I can get my hands on and want to be held. The latter part is getting kind of taxing on Mommy's back but I don't care!
From Mommy:
We're still working on the sitting up part. He'll sit up for a few seconds then catches a glimpse of his feet and leans forward to grab them. I'm sure he'll be sitting up on his own by next month. The only thing he hasn't done is roll from tummy to back and I don't know why. I keep reading online and in articles that that's the easiest for babies. He seems to have no interest in doing it but gets mad when he is on his stomach for too long. Another odd thing is he will only roll over on his left side. He has NEVER rolled on his right side. Hmmmm. He'll lay on his right side then go back onto his back. Whenever he gets REALLY excited, he'll put his hands into his mouth and laugh.
He's starting to sleep a lot better. For the past few nights he's gone to bed at his regular time (8pm) and didn't wake up until 3:30 - 4am. AWESOME!!! It's amazing how little things like that excite me. LOL
I want to start him on veggies soon - like within the next week or two, but I don't know how to approach it. Should I give them to him after cereal or before? AM or PM? Which veggie is the easiest to start with? I'm assuming sweet potatoes?! Let me know what has worked for you!!
He's scheduled to get his DTaP and pneumoccocal shots on the 15th. The DTaP isn't the one I want him to get but I'm not going to argue with the nurse again. However, I am going to bring it up to his pediatrician when he has his 6-month wellness appointment in May. I miss his pediatrician, we haven't seen her in a while!! Jason leaves for China on the 19th. Thankfully, my grandma is coming down to stay a few days with me! Hooray.
Bret is getting baptized on Sunday, so I'll post new pics then.
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
My doc told me to start with the green veggies because if you start with the orange (carrots and sweet potatoes) and they realize they're sweet, then they won't like the green ones. I don't know if that's true or not, I think kids like what they like, but I did try green first for both. They both were grateful for flavor!
For Ava, I gave her plain veggies before her cereal.
For Noah, I mixed in 2 Tbsp of veggies with 2 Tbsp of cereal for the first time (wait to add water until that's all mixed up and you see how thick it is, then you can dilute until it's the normal consistency). It makes the veggies a little thicker, and it's easier for them to eat because they're closer to the consistency of the cereal they've been eating.
with Kobe, I gave him peas and carrots first. I would put some cereal mixed w/ a little formula and then put in a little bit of vegetables (un-mixed).
I don't think there's any real way to control whether they'll like certain things or not though.
Post a Comment