babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I love my zoo!!

My grandma and I took Bret to The Toledo Zoo today. Sadly, it was my first time there, too. The weather was gorgeous and it was so much fun. Obviously we didn't stay too long since Bret's attention span is about 2 or 3 hours. I took him on the carousel and he wasn't sure what to do. I could tell that he wanted to cry but tried not to because he kept looking at me then grabbing my shirt. As the carousel was slowing down, he cried. It was cute though. He absolutely LOVED the aviary and aquarium. We watched the monkeys and I was sort of surprised at how attentive Bret was when they were swinging around. Maybe next summer we'll be able to stay longer because it was fun!!
Jason gets back on Saturday around 3pm and I can't wait! I'm excited and exhausted at the same time.

Here are some pics I took today:

After a yummy bowl of cereal - mommy couldn't get Bret's attention away from grandma!!


This was BEFORE the ride started! LOL

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

he's smiley like Chase is. hey, btw, I was going to tell you--when he's on his tummy and pushing his chest off the floor w/ his arms, tip him to the side and it'll get him to roll from front to back. then tell him to drive his car here and teach Chase to roll from back to front.

Danielle Michelle said...

I love the zoo! I need some kids for an excuse to go. I wonder where I could borrow some out here...hmmmm....

AJ said...

That zoo is on my list of small trips to take this summer. I heard it's super nice. I love the zoo, I'm excited to try it:)

alanna rose said...

now the zoo song is running through my head :)

rae rae said...

He's getting too big, too fast. Did you have the talk with him to 'slow down' yet? :-) I am very excited to take Carter to the zoo this year!