Ok, so the first 2 months of Bret's life didn't go by so quickly. Now I can't believe how fast time is flying by. Wasn't it just yesterday that I posted about his 5 month day?!
Things are going well - he's a maniac on his belly! He reaches for toys that I put in front of him (and puts them in his mouth, of course), kicks his feet like he wants to go somewhere and show tremendous determination to move. It's funny when he gets frustrated because he starts to grunt and kicks his legs even faster. LOL! He loves being held, almost to the point of annoyance. I keep reminding myself that it's my fault and he won't want to be held forever. He would spend all day in the Bjorn if I let him. He's really close to teeth. I see two white nubs on the bottom but they haven't poked through yet. I started him on food today (other than cereal). His pediatrician wanted me to start him on fruits last month and orange veggies this month but he was doing so well with just nursing and cereal that I decided to wait. I started him off with applesauce and he had mixed feelings about it. At first, he kind of gave me this face like, 'what the heck' but then seemed to like it. I mixed it in w/ cereal, skipping the breast milk. Now with the whole 4-5 day thing to make sure he's not allergic to apples scares me because I'm afraid he's going to let loose with a ton of crap. Let's hope not, for my sake anyway. After applesauce, I'm going to try sweet potatoes. Then I'll alternate fruit and veggie until he's tried them all. I'm not looking forward to the greens - I don't like peas and feeding them to Bret may make me gag. However, I'm not going to discriminate just because I won't eat them. BLAH!
I had my first Supermom moment yesterday. I put Bret on our ottoman to change his diaper and gave him a toy to occupy his attention so that I could grab a diaper. I walked about 3 steps when I got this feeling to look back. When I did, I thought I was going to die.....Bret was in the process of rolling over and was 1/2 a roll from falling. No lie, I literally leaped across the living room floor like I was sliding into home plate. I caught him before he hit the ground (thankfully) but in the process he grazed the side of his head on the side of the ottoman. I don't know if that or my horrific scream scared him but he just wailed. Of course I started crying because I know better than to walk away from him since all he does now is roll over whenever I put him down. Stupid move on my part. He didn't bruise or anything but it could've been a lot worse. I emotionally beat myself up for the rest of the day because, like I said, I knew better.
Not too much else going on. Jason is leaving for his cousin's bachelor party to the Kentucky Derby tomorrow. Bret and I are going up to Detroit to visit a high school friend for her 30th birthday. Her husband is in the Coast Guard and he's out of town so hopefully we'll cheer her up for her birthday!


3 comments:
The past 6 months has gone by so fast. It still seems like yesterday that you were announcing Bret's birth.
Also, I did a similar concept when introducting the twins to solids. I started with a veggie, then went to fruit, and continued the cycle. I am not sure, but it could be why the girls are not picky eaters. Who knows.....
Are you a stay-at-home mom or are you returning to work?
I'm staying at home. It's easier for Jason and me. Plus we really don't have anyone to stay with Bret if I went back.
Yeah for stay at homes! I want to be one to! Actually I want to be one right now to my animals but I don't think that concept is going to fly unless I have one of my own!
Post a Comment