Why does it sometimes seem like things backfire even when you have good intentions?
Jason has a 22 year old cousin who is pregnant with her second kid. Let's call her See, for the sake of this story. See's unmarried, living at home and can barely make ends meet. When See's SIL told me that she was preggers *again* she also told me some other things that weren't the best of news, including not taking a prenatal vitamin. I saw See last week and asked her why she wasn't taking a vitamin and she said that they upset her stomach. That's fair - I'm sure that has happened to a ton of people. But wouldn't common sense tell you that you should try another vitamin? Or at least attempt to find one that doesn't upset your stomach? Nope. I saw her tonight and asked her again about the vitamin and she said 'no'. She's about 18 weeks preggers and doesn't take a vitamin. Yes, I know 100 years ago prenatal vitamins didn't exist and babies were born just fine (some, anyway). However, we live in 2008. It is expected to take a damn vitamin. So, being the critical big mouth that I am, I told her to quit being selfish and take a vitamin. Now Jason is mad at me for saying something.
Yes, I'm critical. I internally criticize a lot, partially because I'm so critical of myself. It's a therapy issue, I know. I give dirty looks to people to smoke with kids in the car and I throw daggers at parents who give a 2 year old soda. So sue me. I don't feel guilty for saying something to See. The consequences (good and bad) of her choices will be forced upon this baby. Just because she's young and ignorant doesn't mean the baby should suffer. That's just my opinion.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Amen.
But don't come to my house. Every time C sees a pop can, he grabs it and runs.
LOL
The pictures of Bret are adorable. He has such big, bright eyes.
I too agree with you regarding the prenatal vitamin. I was so sick with Cambrie and had a bit of sickness with the twins and the prenatal didn't help. I tried like 5 different types until one worked for me and even switched the time I was taking it to see if it impacted.
Amen.
From the pics...do you have a future football player there? LOL
You are preaching to the choir on this one. I think people who smoke with kids in the car or house should be fined, heavily. And no vitamin is baddddd.
I would've done the same thing. some people don't earn enough respect to expect tact from other people.
Post a Comment