babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Yankee Stadium


The trip to NYC made me realize that I underestimate my son. I was nervous for about a week before about how he'd do on the plane, in the city and basically not being on a schedule for an entire weekend. He did AWESOME on the plane; there and back. He was in awe of the new surroundings and the people. Friday was spent at the Statue of Liberty. We were going to go to Ellis Island, too, but it was getting too late in the day for Bret. Plus it was really hot and I didn't know that it was going to take us 5+ hours (I brought Bret's lunch with us, but not his dinner).

Saturday we spent most of the day at the stadium. It poured up until about 1/2 before the game started. I was a little scared that a rain delay would be called. YIKES. I guess it's a guy thing, but I wasn't super impressed with the stadium itself. Yes, I know it's like 80 years old and it's the 'house that Ruth built'. The ambiance, aura or whatever else you want to call it, was cool though. There were a ton of people EVERYWHERE. People inside the stadium, outside the stadium, in the street. I swear, I've never been surrounded by that many people. That part was super cool and fun.

Jason and I rate several things on our trips. The stadium, the city and the hot dog (Jason, am I missing something?). Last year we went to Seattle (Mariners) and I think I had the WORST hot dog ever. In. My. Life. It was totally disgusting (although some of you may think all hot dogs are disgusting). The one at Yankee Stadium was probably one of the best. It was a Nathan's hot dog. Yum. I haven't decided if the one at Wrigley Field was better.
In other news, Bret's two front teeth are almost through. Thank God. His sleeping pattern has been crazy since we got back from NYC. I've been trying so hard to get him back on schedule and he's fighting me so badly. He's been waking up several times a night since we got back. Last night was the worst so far - 4X. I felt like I had a newborn again.
He has been a mobile machine. Crawling and climbing everywhere. Non stop!! His 'thing' is to crawl over Jason and me. It's hilarious.
He's starting to point to stuff. It's so cute. He grunts and points. He knows to point to the cat in a book. I've been trying to teach him a dog but he's partial to the cat. Probably since we have one.
We're getting his 9-month pics taken soon. More on that later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chase still has zipp-o for teeth. hey--he has gotten slightly mobile though. he rolls from pt A to B and army crawls in circles...
that is impressive about pointing to the cat in the book!

Diana said...

It's funny that Chase crawls in circles because that's what Bret did just before he started to go forward

rae rae said...

Cute photo at the stadium! Sounds like a great trip!

karen c konkel said...

How cool! Glad your trip went well and Bret was a trooper.