babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kid-friendly menu

I've been obsessing over Bret's birthday party lately. My biggest dilemma is what kind of food to serve that will satisfy both adults and kids. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

AJ said...

We did sloppy joes and home made mac and cheese at our party this year, and everyone loved it. We had carrots and dip, but you could always pick another toddler-friendlier veggie...like sweet potatoes or something. We actually did sloppy joes at Ava's 2nd birthday, too, she loves them. Goulash is another family fave in our family, as well, that I think kids and adults love and do well with.

Danielle Michelle said...

No idea...but I like the dress!

Kara said...

For the girls first birthday, I did a baked potato bar with all the fixings like broccoli, cauli, cheese, bacon bits, sour creme, etc. Then I did chili to either put on your potato or on the side as well as hot dogs for the kids. Everyone seemed to love it.

rae rae said...

For Carter's first birthday, I bought a bunch of Nick and Willy's pizzas and had fruit and veggie plates set up, along with a bunch of toddler friendly items, boxed juices, milks (like in elementary school), and sodas and beer for the adults.

For Carter's second birthday, I had a BBQ.

For Carter's third birthday, I just made a bunch of adult appitizers since there were no kids there this time besides him LOL.

I can't believe he is going to be one! Ah!

By the way, your word verification for me started with "tyrd" - how funny is that!

Anonymous said...

when kobe turned 1, we had papa john's pizza and veggies and dip and doritos and cake and icecream. not my typical cuisine, but dang was it good.

Devon said...

A taco bar would be great! Do ground beef and chicken. Get the tyson bag chicken strips, its much faster, then just add a taco bell pack. We did chicken shack, that turned out great.