babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weight Loss Challenge

Jason and I have created our own weight loss challenge. I'm not going to share the wagers :), but they are interesting.

Day 1 weigh-in was today at 8am. My numbers are definitely in need of improvement. Weight: 142 lbs (I'm not too concerned about that number since it can fluctuate based on muscle mass, fat, etc). The number I was not happy about was my percentage of body fat - 35%!! WTF!

I know I just had a kid, but seriously. I have to get rid of the jiggle. I have until our anniversary to win - February 21.

My goal is 23% body fat. I don't care about the weight. If I get control of my body fat, then the weight will reflect a healthy body, not a blubber of fat or a stick figure.

I know I can, I know I can, I know I can.......

4 comments:

rae rae said...

That is so interesting how are bodies are different and how it really reflects that the numbers on a scale are indeed just that. I weigh 1 pound less than you do, but my % is right around 24%. Sometimes I get so angry why I can never seem to lose weight and then I realize that, realistically, I probably could only comfortably lose another 3-4% body fat - and that isn't that many pounds once you have 141. You know what I mean?

Anyway - GOOD LUCK to you! Challenges with wagers always make it more fun. :)

Kara said...

Best of luck....I know you will be able to accomplish your goal. I actually am the same weight as what I was around my wedding and before twins, but my waist measurement is slightly bigger. I am curious with time if it will ever get back. You are right though, the percent fat is actually what matters and to take it a step further...really you decide what makes you most comfortable and confident. Keep us up-to-date on how it is going and let us know what you are doing to reach your goal. I always like learning from others :)

h said...

Good luck and I hope you beat Jason to win whatever fun wager you have. ;) You are going into with the right attitude - the number on a scale is just that...it's all about the BMI and how you feel. Again, GOOD LUCK!!!

Anonymous said...

you definitely can. you'll do well--you have good willpower. but, i must say, 142 really isn't something to feel bad about either. just as long as you feel good, you know?
that pic of B is super cute. chase bites everything in sight. the end table, the dog bed, my leg, his blanket, anything. sorry i've been slacking, btw--i've been working on the etsy shop.