I think I've figured out what is wrong with Bret. Sore throat.
He only puked that one time on Wednesday PM/Thursday AM and his fever finally broke yesterday. Well, starting yesterday at lunch he is refusing to eat. I've tried soft stuff like yogurt, cheese, spaghetti; basically anything he can just swallow. Nope. Having none of it. I asked Jason to get Bret some Pedialyte freezer pops thinking he'll like how it feels going down. Do you think we can find them anywhere when we need them?! No...LOL
I don't like Bret to have popsicles just yet because of all the sugar in them but Jason bought frozen fruit bars. They're actually not too bad and, at this point, I'm kind of desperate for my kid to get a little relief. I've been giving him Motrin/Tylenol every ~5 hours just to calm the pain. He's a totally different kid when he gets meds...He laughs and plays and seems alright. Once it wears off, he's back to being clingy, whiny and just plain yucky. Poor guy.
I wish his DR office had Saturday appointments. It's definitely not worth going to ER over but I wish I could get him on antibiotics so that he could start feeling better. Ya know? I would think that with 7 DRs in the practice that they could give up one Saturday every other month for sick kids....at least in the winter. Every mom's dream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Do you have any urgent care facilities around you? They're usually open on Saturdays and Sundays.
Do you think he might have Strep? How did the rest of your weekend go?
Post a Comment