babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 29, 2009

You're not going to believe this...I still can't

I was putting groceries away this morning and had to put some stuff in the freezer that's in the garage. I didn't want Bret to follow me so I closed the door behind me. Very much to my surprise, Bret locked me out of the house. I was instantly panicked because we don't keep a key in the garage or anything. All the doors are locked and the windows are closed and locked because I turned the A/C on. My neighbor across the street was home so I asked him if he knew how to pick a lock. He said 'no' but gave me a bunch of small screwdrivers to try. None worked so I called Jason to tell him to come home. In the mean time, I knocked on the locked door and heard Bret whining behind it. I tried to explain to him that he locked me out of the house and I couldn't open the door. I asked him to open the door for me, knowing he wouldn't know how to do it; although for some reason it made me feel better asking anyway. In utter amazement - he twisted the knob and unlocked the door. HE. UNLOCKED. THE. FUCKING. DOOR. I seriously can not believe he did it! Never in my wildest dreams did I think that my kid understood me that well; let alone knew how to twist a door knob. I am still shocked as I write this.......Oh, wait. Damn. Now we have to put the knobby-things on the doors so that he doesn't walk out of the house. Shit.

8 comments:

YGS said...

that's pretty amazing!

h said...

Oh my god! You have a genius on your hands. ;)

AJ said...

It is amazing what mischief little boys can get into!

Glad you got back in okay!

Danielle Michelle said...

Now you get to figure out the downfalls of a baby engineer...lol

Kara said...

Wow, what a smart boy. I too would have freaked if the girls locked me out of the house.

Laura said...

Welcome to the world of little boys! ;)
G locked herself and Austin in the truck while it was running out. I couldn't get her to unlock it. Yay for Bret for unlocking it!!

Erika said...

Yes, Alex learned how to do this, too and has taken off. Never locked me out though! LOL.

I had those crazy knob things on the doors and for a long time, that worked. Then this past week he figured those out (and the deadbolt and the other lock).

So now I have to install locks on the top of the door so he doesn't take off again. Any time he sees or hears a bus/truck/semi/garbage truck go by, he bolts for the door to go look at them closer.

Sigh.... boys.

AJ said...

Can you email me your address?

ajkartes at hotmail dot com

Thanks!