babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 05, 2009

Any advice on 529 plans?

Jason and I have decided to take all of Bret's and Baby #2's savings and put it into a 529 plan. After reading up on the state's (MI) plan, I feel like that is the way to go.

Do any of you have accounts for your kids? What do you like/dislike about the plan?

3 comments:

AJ said...

I don't have a 529 plan for the kids yet, but have thought about it. I haven't looked into anything, but I know that my bf in college had one and it was awesome coverage. I don't know if there still the same, but his was a great deal.

Kara said...

Right now we have the kids' savings in stock. We too plan on going with a 529, but we need to evaluate them a bit more.

rae rae said...

I have a 529 for Carter. I like it because we both contribute a monthly amount to it, and it is handled by our financial analyst. I go through Edward Jones. I could look up the specific plan information and where it is invested if you are interested.

With two kids, I think it's a great idea, because it is a "use it or lose it" plan ... so if Bret got a full scholarship, you'd have to have someone else in your family to use the money on.