Yesterday AM, I was changing Bret's diaper and into some clothes when I noticed red, splotchy areas on his arm pits. When I rolled him over to check his back, I freaked out! His entire back and up his neck was red and rashy looking. So, I called the DR office to make an appointment. The doctor took a 1 minute look at him (no joke) and said it is a heat rash or viral infection. Either way, we really can't do anything about it. She told me to give him 1/4 teaspoon of Benadryl if it worsens. That sort of bugs me because Benadryl is an anti-histamine. What would he be allergic to?
Anyway, last night was hell on earth. He really didn't eat very much because of a stuffed up nose (and he was doing so well!!) and he DEFINITELY didn't sleep. I was up with him every 1.5 to 2 hours. Hopefully today will be a better day!!
Oh, and of course, Jason is out of town.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
My kids are both fair skinned and have sensitive skin. They have both been more prone to rashes with viruses and infections because of it. Noah gets really bad rashes on his back and tummy when he gets an ear infections:( It's scary though, and I hate those things that you can't do anything about and have to just wait it out. Hope your little man feels better soon!
I hate it when things like that happen! They scare us on purpose sometimes, I think! Glad he's OK now. My first thought w/o seeing the rash was eczema - so at least this one will go away in time :)
:(
you'd think they could've made a more specific diagnosis.
Post a Comment