babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lots to talk about - Updated

**The prenatal appointment went as expected. The heartbeat was 178 which makes me think it's a girl. Who knows. The due date is still October 22. That'll make Bret almost 2 years old when the baby is born!!**

I ended up taking Bret to urgent care on Saturday (thanks AJ, I didn't even know they existed). Bret was so miserable; couldn't drink, eat, sleep. The doctor listened to his breathing and looked at his ears; tried to look at his throat but Bret was freaking out and crying. The DR asked me one question and came back with a RX. This took all of about 3 minutes. He didn't even tell me what he thought was wrong....so I asked, "Does he have a throat infection or ear infection?"

The DR said that he wasn't for sure since Bret wouldn't let him look at his throat but the RX will cover both, just in case. It was a three-day dose and it stunk so badly!!! Bret took it like a champ but still wasn't feeling great. I was getting sort of nervous after the meds were gone because he still wasn't eating very much. Thankfully he started drinking more fluids so I was happy. He REALLY turned a corner last night/today. He ate really well at breakfast and even ate a snack before nap time!! YAY!! He's almost 100%. I was going to take him to Chuck E Cheese today but I think I'm going to wait for another day, just in case.

Today is my first prenatal appointment and I can't wait......I keep having this freaky feeling that the DR is going to tell me that we're having twins. That's always my "fear" though since I'm a twin!! LOL I'll make sure to update tonight :)

In other news - I picked up my dress for J & A's wedding. The alterations cost $38! Doesn't that seem kind of expensive? I do. Plus, the dress stinks of cigarette smoke. I wasn't too happy. I probably shouldn't have burdened the bride with that information but I wanted her to know because a huge majority of the bridesmaids are getting their dresses altered at the same place.

Lastly, we've asked Jason's cousins to babysit Bret on Friday for the rehearsal. How much are sitters going for these days? We've never had to pay someone yet and I don't want to be a cheapskate. The kids are 15 - 17 years old.

Other than that, I'm just waiting for Bret to wake up so we can go play outside!! Enjoy the gorgeous weather!!

8 comments:

YGS said...

Good luck at your prenatal visit. Can't wait to hear how many peanuts are in your belly!

AJ said...

That is expensive for alterations, the place I went to altered for free (except for my bussle) b/c the dresses were bought from there.

I paid sitters $5/hour when it was just Ava. I haven't had a non-family (read: free) sitter since Noah has been born. He's such a handful, I don't trust him with non-family members, I'm afraid of what a stinker he would be.

Glad to hear Bret's feeling better, and that the urgent care suggestion helped. I use urgent cares quite a bit. I actually like the doctor's on staff at the one I use better than my designated family doctor.

Good luck at the prenatal visit! And the twin fear always strikes me, too....my dad's a fraternal twin, so it always pops in my head.

h said...

Alterations (in my experience) are cheaper if you get them done where you ordered the dress. I paid around $35 for alterations to the dress I wore in your wedding, though at a place in Ann Arbor.

Yea for your prenatal visit! Keeping my fingers crossed that you only have one baby in there. :) ha ha ha

Kara said...

I am so behind posts....CONGRATS on expecting baby #2. How far apart does that make them?

Are you a fraternal or identical twin? If fraternal, then you do have a high chance of having twins. I can't wait to hear the outcome. If identical, it isn't due to genetics, but more "luck" because there aren't genetics associated with an egg spitting. *(At least they say that now...give it 10 yrs and I am sure they will find out it relates somehow...lol)

Anyways, anxiously awaiting to hear the news :)

alanna rose said...

I paid close to $70 for alterations on my last bridesmaid dress - but the alterations were super involved. there's no excuse for the dress coming back smelling like smoke - I would call and complain about that.

I pay the sitter $5 per active hour, and $3 if she's watching tv while JJ is sleeping.

Anonymous said...

dude, i've still never had a sitter to this day. if it's important, my parents come down from houghton. i really need to overcome my fear of leaving my kids w/ a non-family member (who is over 25 and fits 2 million other criteria).
i hope your dr. visit went well. post soon. that is lame about the alterations. mine were around that last time. my wedding ones were 85 at ;east though. that is bs about the smoke smell.

rae rae said...

I usually pay my baby sitter not by the hour but by the situation. If she interacts with C, has to feed him anything, put him to bed, etc. and then has to sack out on the couch while I'm out late, then I usually give about 30 bucks. If it's just an after bed thing, 20 bucks.

Danielle Michelle said...

Love the new look!

Hmmm...twins WOULD be interesting!