This is how my dad has to cut grass from now on......Aren't I a little stinker?!
What do you want now, Mom?? Another picture?? Geez.
Today was his 18-month wellness appointment. He's still on the low-end of the curve. Weight: 22 lbs, 1 oz; height: 30" (which I think was measured wrong at his last appointment because he did not grow one inch - impossible). He's about at the 5 - 10 percentile. His DR said not to worry, the curve doesn't represent how he'll be the rest of his life, just a estimator. Jason, at Bret's age, was 34-1/2" long and 24 lbs, 4 oz. Who knows what I was since my family didn't keep records of that stuff.
He did well, although he got 2 shots today. The last of the PCV (pneumococcal) and DTaP series. His next shot is at 2 years old and it's the MMR. That'll be the only one he gets that day. Then he'll get the HepB vaccine before he starts school. I changed my mind and decided not to give him the chicken pox vaccine. So, two more shots then no more until he's a tween or teenager....I didn't get a chance to tell his DR since we were talking about her pregnancy!! She's due in July. I was glad to find out that she's going to be a mom. I feel like she'll be a better pediatrician because of it since she'll know what it's like to have her own. Different perspective, ya know?
I'm super excited for mother's day.


6 comments:
I don't think the curve is too much of a predictor either...Noah has been 75th-95th percentile for height and weight his entire life. JR is 5'6" and I am 5'5", I don't think Noah is going to remain in the 5% of the tallest males group:)
Good point on the pediatrician having her own child. Sometimes it feels like they can't quite understand where you're coming from when they don't have kids. Same with male OB/GYNs!
Oh wow...he's gotten so big! I can't believe Jason can mow with one arm while carrying B with the other. It takes both of my arms to mow my little lawn. ;)
I love his hat. Glad to hear he is healthy and doing great. I too waited for the MMR until the girls were 2.5 yrs old. I plan on doing the same with Cambrie.
I love the last picture! He is so precious :)
hmm, I always thought he was big for his age. Chase is in the 5th-10th percentile always. super cute pics. Chase won't keep sunglasses or hats on...
He's so frickin' cute! Can't tell you about curves, percentiles, yadda, yadda...about horses and dogs sure...lol
Love ya! And I totally respect your post. There's a lot more factors to take into consideration, but those were the basics and I was curious about what people thought. I will admit I'm very weary of them - but not ruling them out completely in the right situation. Just something to think about!
Post a Comment