
The Jimmy Buffett (JB) concert was last night and he's still got it. Despite the fact that it rained the entire 3 1/2 hours we were there, the concert rocked. What I love most about JB concerts (and his music) is his sound. He sounds EXACTLY the same live as he does on his records. NO JOKE. I love it.
Some highlights of the night:
JB walked on stage at 8pm with a faded yellow t-shirt, khaki-style shorts, bare feet and his signature wrist bands. He carried an umbrella made out of balloons and started with "Singing in the Rain". How appropriate.....I'm sure he was trying to lighten the mood since everyone in the lawn area was going to be soaked to the bone by the end of the night.
He played some oldies - Floridays, One Particular Harbour (my fav) and, of course Margaritaville. He also played some newbies off of the Hoot soundtrack and his new record coming out October 10. He actually produced the movie so check it out!!! He's a conservationist, so the storyline is parallel to his lifestyle.
He ended the night with Southern Cross (which I'm not too fond of re-makes, but his rendition is very good) and Fins.
Although I didn't have an ounce of alcohol (I drove the 2 hours home and I HAD to come into work today) it was an awesome night. So what if it rained steadily for 3 1/2 hours, I didn't have a dry article of clothing on me and I wasn't smart enough to wear contacts.....For that short span of time, I was on a beach off the southern tip of Key West.


6 comments:
i'm so jealous. one of these days i will make it to see that guy! :)
Fins up!
I too am jealous. My sister had tickets, but decided not to go last minute due to the bad weather. Too bad I couldn't go instead.
Only the die hards!!!! I would like to see JB in concert too, one day...
I saw people out tailgating when I got to work yesterday at NOON! Gald you had fun despite the rain.
He's great in concert! I'm glad to hear that he still delivers! :)
I'm way jeals babe! One day we are going!
Post a Comment