....I'm leaving for Tech on Sunday morning for Career Day. I am one of 13 members of the recruiting team representing Ford Motor Company. YIPPPEEE
Who's going up?!
The company is giving me a car to drive for the week - either a Mustang Shelby (I will pee my pants) or a Ford Edge (our new crossover vehicle coming out in November). If I had to bet, I'd say I'm getting the Edge. I don't care which vehicle I get...I'm going to Tech, baby!!
I should arrive around 5pm on Sunday. Ford Night is at 6pm that evening. The team plans on meeting for breakfast at Suomi Restaurant (I love their sweet bread). I present to a junior-level class later that morning and then that night we are to set up the display. Tuesday is Career Day, so I'll be speaking to students from 9am - 4pm. The team will meet for dinner that night at North Shore (is it new, I've never heard of the place????). Wednesday and Thursday are interview days. Yuck. Ford's interview process sucks the big one. Very rigid. Oh well.....hopefully I'll be able to hit Quarters on Thursday night. TROUBLE!! Ugly things happen when you can get a tray of beer (13 of them) for $2.25.....Too bad JD's Boathouse no longer exists. I'd stay one additional night for pitchers. I CAN'T WAIT! Especially after the wonderful night I had w/ my fabulous husband (see previous post). I need some time in Houghton to regain some perspective. I'll be sure to post some pictures when I get back. The colors are supposed to peak next week. I love the fall season.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
jealous..........
I hate men I think. Drink a few (meaning a lot) for me. I think your situations calls for at least a 3 pitcher night...too bad we can't measure it that way anymore!
Have fun!
Have fun in Houghton, and take pictures for us! I thought I heard through the grapevine that the new restaurant is owned by the same people who owned Steamers, which I thought was owned by the same people who owned the Library.
Crystal - what the heck is Steamers?
Does this mean I'm losing touch with the best place in the world??
Danielle - I'm contemplating Quarters....we all know how that ends. LOL
the North Shore is a new restaurant on Hancock Canal Road. Food was decent, but PRICEY. Oh well Ford pays the tab!
Steamers was that restaurnat out towards Chassell, and it burned down.
QUARTERS QUARTERS QUARTERS! Take photos! Say Hi to any recruiting alum for me, too!
definitely jealous...
Post a Comment