babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 25, 2008

C is for Cereal

I am pretty sure that Bret is ready for cereal - or at least I am. Our Sunday night ritual starts at 7pm with a bath, then eat, then rock for a bit before I put Bret into bed. He usually gets up again around midnight to eat then sleeps until about 6 or 6:30am.

The last few nights have been very different. Last night he woke up at 10:30pm acting like he was starving so I fed him. Then he woke up at 12:30am. *I have never asked Jason to get up with Bret during the week because he has to work, but I did ask him to get up last night* At 12:30am, Jason had to change Bret because he had peed through his diaper. Sorry Jason. Then Bret woke up again at 3:30am - hungry. Now I know he eats pretty well and if you've seen a picture of him, you know he doesn't miss many meals. I am pretty liberal with nursing during the day and Jason will probably say that I nurse him too much. Now that Bret is going to be 4 months old, this waking-up-more-than-once-in-the-middle-of-the-night crap has got to stop!!

I am going to start him on cereal this weekend. Why wait? Because I want to see if there is some pattern to his waking and to discuss it at his next wellness appointment (next Tuesday). Which, by the way, will be his first round of shots :( I am so dreading that day.

Anyway, I think Bret is telling us that he's ready for some "food". Mommy and Daddy are ready for a full night's sleep!! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen sister! I'm ready, too. Like a 10 hour night.