babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 28, 2008

I'd like to make a reservation for the insane asylum, please

Bret, why won't you sleep at night anymore? Your schedule has not changed, you sleep in the same bed every night and your food is the same, boring milk every day. You're not sick, you're not congested. You spoiled Mommy by getting up once a night for the past 3 or 4 weeks. Now Mommy is used to sleeping again. So, what gives? Mommy figures you're ready for cereal to keep you fuller at night. She feeds you cereal and nurses you before bed. Why do you still get up 2 hours later? Mommy loves you but you're new sleeping schedule is going to send her far, far away. When Mommy is grumpy, she takes it out on Daddy. Poor Daddy.

I honestly have no clue why Bret is being a brat......When he had a cold the nurse told me that when he recovers, he'll nurse a lot to kind of make up for being sick. Ok, well that's 2 weeks ago. Now what's the reason?! Any advice???? Because I'm seriously going to go insane. He woke up at 12:30am then again at 3:30am then again at 6am. I feel like we have a newborn in the house again.

4 comments:

AJ said...

I got to this phase with Noah at one point too. He would nurse for 90 minutes at a time. I was soooo tired. I tried supplementing with formula. It helped and seemed to keep him a little fuller because it's a little thicker. Not sure what your feelings are on supplementing, and I know that all moms feel differently about it. I just found that my 9 lb newborn tuned 90-95th percentile moose was hard to keep full. He still is:) He ate his dinner last night and then reached over and finished Ava's. The little piggy!

rae rae said...

D, what time is he going to bed? Assuming you aren't doing this, try nursing him a big one around 7 and then putting him down to bed. He might cry and cry and cry for the first few days (don't give in mom) and will still wake up maybe once in the night to nurse, but I would bet that within one week, if you can stick to it, he'll be going from 8 to 7 with one nurse in between. He's getting up to eat because you are feeding him ;) Babies are smart like that!

JMHO, as always. Call me if you want to know the book I got this from!

Anonymous said...

those are darling pics in your prev. post.
I feel for you with the lack of sleep. I wish I had the answer.

Kara said...

Bret is so adorable. I can't believe how big he is getting.

Also, as for sleeping....I would recommend letting him cry for a bit. I am not sure if you had tried that. Also, supplementing might help, but I also understand if you only want to give him 100% BM. For my girls, it was recommended to supplement due to the low birth weights, so once they started sleeping well, they never really regressed.