babies
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 14, 2009

Bret's birthday party plans

Jason and I have decided to have Bret's birthday party a month early. We agreed that having Bret's birthday party with a 1 - 3 week old would be sort of overwhelming.

We plan on a small gathering of family - nothing like his 1st birthday that's for sure - of about 15 people and about 5 or 6 kids. I have the invitations picked out and I'm debating whether or not to order his cake from the same bakery that did our wedding cake. It'll be a little more than I want to pay for a 2-year old's birthday cake but the bakery does such an awesome job. Most of the food will be ordered / catered with the exception of a few side dishes. I am taking the easy way out on this one; even though I don't want to because I LOVE to entertain / cook.

Since the party is going to be at the beginning of October, I thought it would be a good idea to rent a moonwalk/bouncey thing for the kids (ages 2 - 6). Jason says no because there's only going to be 2 or 3 kids that are "old enough" to bounce without supervision. Jason thinks it would be a good idea to do it next year. What do you think?

Bret's present from us will be a battery-powered truck - he's been loving the ones he rides at his cousin's house....shhhh, don't tell him :)

3 comments:

AJ said...

I love the batter powered vehicles! We got jeeps for Ava and Noah last year, and they love them, and the best part is that they are out door toys that get stored in the shed and not one more thing for me to pick up every day and step on in the middle of the night.

alanna rose said...

I have to agree with Jason - save the bouncy for next year. We just got a JJ a tube crawl through and he is having a blast with it (we got it at Ikea for $10), a few of those would be much cheaper than a bouncy... just a thought :)

YGS said...

Hey Diana! I'm curious what you ended up doing with the vaccination schedule after all the research. I'm doing all the research right now and it all makes me very nervous!!!!